- New York City
- Job Terms:
- Talent Bridge/Temp-to-Perm
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Heather Preston
Our Leading Media and Entertainment Client is looking for a Director of Sponsored Content.
Overview and Responsibilities :
The Director of Sponsored Content will specialize in ideating and articulating content strategies in response to client RFPs. This role focuses on pre-sales as well as well as being a primary contributor for Client Owned Stations post-sales needs.
- Will work in collaboration with Sales, Creative and Production teams to assess program objectives, brainstorm ideas to develop clear, compelling, 360-degree content strategy plans that align with client goals.
- Effectively communicate concepts, ideas and rationale to clients and internal and external project stakeholders
- Create sharp long- and short-form copy for RFP response decks including headlines, program titles and social media promotion
- Work on several campaigns at once, managing proposal deadlines sometimes under pressure and often to strict schedule requirements
- Write multiple sponsored articles for clients per week, with an ability to create engaging stories that resonate with the OTS audience
- Track success of sponsored content programs, topics and formats, compile statistics and provide recommendations for future programs
- Effectively promote campaigns across Social media accounts
- Keep up to date with content marketing and native advertising trends in order to follow—and surpass—sponsored content best practices
- Must be a prolific writer with the ability to write strong, clear copy in a variety of styles with accurate spelling and grammar
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and 6+ years of paid content creation experience or journalism experience, ideally in a full-time writing or editing position with a news publisher or agency
- Outstanding writer with experience in digital, social media, mobile, video and live event platforms and the ability to translate complex technical material into engaging reader-facing language
- Self-motivated researcher with a passion for interactive and immersive storytelling and a passion for uncovering surprising data and colorful details
- HTML and CSS skills a plus
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
This media and entertainment client is on a mission … and they need you to help them do it. Their mission? To change the world through compelling content. Does that sound like a mission you can get on board with? If so, here’s what you’ll find working here:
They foster creativity and diversity. Diversity of ideas, and people. They see it as one of their biggest advantages.
They’re risk takers - again with the fostering creativity! Take a chance, make a mark, and see where it gets you. Sometimes, the biggest successes come from the biggest ideas, masked as the biggest risks.
Overwhelmingly, their employees are happy with their work environment. Words like ‘happy’, ‘content’, ‘friendly’ are words we tend to hear.
A sense of ownership. Have an idea? Manage projects? Run with it, and they’ll support you.
How better to further your career than with a major media brand encouraging you to push yourself on the job? Unleash your pioneering spirit here by embracing new technology, pushing the envelope creatively and jumping into action as a well respected member of their team.