- Cupertino, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Sara Truesdale
Client is looking for a freelance Copy Editor for our Retail Marketing team. As our ideal candidate, you apply technical savvy, a keen eye, and exceptional attention to detail to help produce world-class communications for Retail Marketing initiatives. You are dynamic, results-driven, and enjoy a high-change environment that is evolving to meet the needs of our customers and employees.
- 5+ years’ experience editing communications, working at a publication, advertising agency, or in-house creative environment
- Solid understanding and grounding in U.S. English style, usage, grammar, and punctuation
- Familiar with standard style and usage guides, including The Chicago Manual of Style
- Extensive proofreading and editorial experience
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, and thrive under pressure
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to focus and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
As a key contributor to our creative team, you edit and proofread print and interactive communications, including retail marketing, collateral, signage, direct mail, social media, internal stories, and event keynotes, among other deliverables. You work closely with writers and other teams to maintain the highest possible standards and ensure clarity and accuracy in Retail Marketing communications in the U.S. and around the world. You review projects at all stages of the design and production process, from copy development to layout, to final proof, testing, and post-production.
Beyond editing, you are savvy and have the skills to work across a complex matrix of stakeholders. You flourish in client’s collaborative culture and are surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You are adept at prioritizing deadlines and excel at execution.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
- Wi-fi equipped shuttle service
- Free parking
- Onsite cafeteria
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
***Background check is required for this position.***
***Please ensure full legal name is noted on resume along with a portfolio link if applicable.***