Responsible for Global and US Medical Affairs content and message development; creating copy and other communication methods delivered through a variety of channels, to drive effective and consistent internal communications with the goal of fostering strong alignment, engagement and empowerment among Global/HQ, US, OUS and in-field Medical Affairs audiences and relevant stakeholders (i.e. R&D, Commercial, Finance). This role includes driving timely, transparent and consistent messaging for senior GMA/USMA leaders and teams with the appropriate audiences.
• Develop GMA and USMA communications plans for programs, projects, TAs leaders and/or functions based on specific stakeholder and audience needs.
• Develop and deliver content and messaging to effectively tell the GMA and USMA stories based on the objectives, needs, etc. formulated in communications plans.
• Provide creative writing talent, with expertise and experience to the Medical Affairs business capable of working with leaders and subject matter experts to produce engaging, timely and quality content via differing vehicles such as live meetings, digital/web, email, social, etc. as appropriate. Critically evaluate copy documents for communications materials. Develop and prioritize key messages across internal Medical Affairs and key stakeholders.
• Effectively manage the tactical execution of multiple projects with demanding timelines for successful delivery ensuring clarity, consistency and effectiveness of messages and follow through. Work across multiple Global/HQ, Area, Affiliate and US teams to recommend most effective delivery of information.
• Partner with internal teams and vendors in developing content for various key leadership meetings, all staff meetings and town halls. Effectively interact with vendors to convey direction, changes, and schedules for development/delivery of communications.
• Develop and reinforce processes to streamline dissemination of communications to audiences. Consistently evaluate effectiveness of communications vehicles and messages with emphasis on our affiliates; those closest to our customers.
• Utilize tools and formats for consistency, efficiency and effectiveness of communications. Utilize appropriate processes related to the development and approval of communications. Ensure alignment of key messages with cross-functional partners and compliance with corporate communications, purchasing and material approval policies.
• Recommend new methods to reach target audience on an ongoing basis (i.e. digital optimization, virtual, social, in person).
Required Qualifications: Education Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or Public Affairs. MA or MBA preferred.
• Demonstrated writing ability for internal communications including technical/scientific audiences.
• Knowledge and skills associated with creative and production suppliers.
• 6+ years’ ad agency or communications related work experience.
• Strong knowledge of Medical Affairs
• Deep knowledge of pharma, biotech, healthcare
• Experience developing and successfully delivering internal communications strategy within a dynamic, global organization.
• Knowledge and experience in emerging communication trends and technologies.
• 10+ years’ ad agency or communications related work experience.
• Demonstrate organizational savvy and business acumen.