Highly preferred: Former Manager of Interactive Design, Design Director, Creative Director or Art Director that has transitioned to User Experience
Aquent's giant retail client is seeks a passionate, team-oriented Manager of User Experience Design, Discovery & Selection to join its Customer Experience organization to play a leading role in shaping the user experience design. The Manager of UX Design will be responsible for setting strategic design vision for the business unit, and will manage of team of UX designers to realize their strategic vision. The Manager of UX Design will apply their strong understanding of customer needs with an equally deep understanding of business goals to champion design solutions that deliver value to business and customers.
Candidates should have a minimum of 7 years of experience designing across digital channels, including at least 2 years in a lead role. Strong candidates should possess a proven track record of leading and developing world design teams in a fast paced collaborative environment, working and influencing in a cross-functional context, and leveraging research and data to inform the design of the experience. The Manager, User Experience Design, Discovery & Selection will draw on experience to build relationships and maximize the output of the team. This position reports to the Director of User Experience Design.
Discovery & Selection (Visual & Creative)
- Mapping the customer’s journey to and from these points
- Find it
- Save it
- Purchase it
- Areas around search and search components, preferences, AI, big data
- From a creative standpoint, how do you inspire customers to find what they want?
What you will do!
- Leads and manages experience design vision that meets long term business goals and user needs (as measured by KPI’s and user success metrics).
- Area of focus is a strong visual and creative designer/manager, and less on the transactional and account side
- Discovery & Selection will be running projects like outfitting, personalization recommendations, beauty and search.
- Partners with product management and technology, and develops UX design vision for assigned domains (business units) that aligns to overall strategic vision for Marketing
- Partners with product management to define strategy success metrics, including business goals and user needs. Partners with user research management to define user success metrics
- Evangelizes UX design vision and the importance of UX design across the company, and acts as spokesperson and representative to senior management and outside departments, advocating for UXD involvement across all customer touch points.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and thought leader on user experience design
- Leads and manages experience design implementation that meets near term business goals and user needs (as measured by KPI’s and user success metrics).
- Oversees the user experience designs delivered by the UX design team for assigned domain and ensures business goals (as measured by KPI’s) and user needs (as measured by user success metrics) are met.
- Partners with executives, product management, technology, customer data teams (e.g. consumer insights,analytics, etc.) and user research to define project success metrics for projects within assigned domains.
- Partners with product management and technology, and ensures that UX design projects for assigned domains are delivered on time, on strategy, and on budget.
- Develops and refines UX design processes that best support strategic alignment, speed, and efficiency of operationalizing user experience design for the assigned domain.
- Leads and manages a team of UX Designers.
- Hires and retains top talent. Responsible for performance management of team members.
- Responsible for staffing resources for projects and ensures project deadlines are met by team members.
- Ensures that the UX design team’s skills and staffing assignments are strategically aligned to project needs.
- Manages third party consultants and vendor relationships as needed.
- Develops the skills of UX design team members to support business needs and individual career aspirations.
- Develops talent through coaching and mentoring, and provides support and guidance to UX design team.
- Ensures team is trained on processes, methodologies, standards, and engagement models.
What you have!
- Minimum 7 years UX/UI design experience across consumer mobile applications, websites, or retail stores with at least 2 years in a lead design role.
- BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design. Masters degree preferred.
- Strong thought leadership and UX design vision skills, including strong analytical, strategic, and conceptual design skills.
- Deep knowledge designing for mobile apps and responsive web experiences; well versed in user interface design processes and methodology, including user-centered design.
- Strong ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions.
- Expert project management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development; ability to effectively delegate responsibilities and tasks to staff managers and designers.
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to attract and retain world class talent, as well as the ability to align resources to business needs while supporting the career development of staff members. Ability to inspire, develop, and coach team members.
- Strong verbal and written communicator with all levels of business leaders; ability to influence and cultivate relationship with key business stakeholders in the organization
- Exceptional negotiation skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully advocate both business-facing and IT technology solutions among peers and to executive leadership.
- Sound business judgment: the ability to identify the business objectives, develop and implement a business strategy on projects; capable of making reliable business decisions during execution.
- Must have a strong portfolio that clearly articulates how complex problems are solved by your user experience designs.