Our large financial services client, located in Wilmington, DE, is seeking a Graphic Designer for a contract assignment. This position is 40 hrs/wk, onsite, and scheduled to last through the end of the year.
• Receiving creative direction and revisions from the Art Director/Creative Director, it will be the responsibility of the Graphic Designer to use MAC based prepress programs to create preliminary layouts for presentation eventually producing final output ready files and folding mock-ups when appropriate
• Doing so will require the Graphic Designer to exhibit: a clear understanding of marketing objectives, an understanding of production constraints and capabilities, and possess a thorough understanding of design, layout and typography.
• Mid-Level Graphic Designers will: perform image search, provide technical direction and scheduling information to related production groups, be held accountable for the technical accuracy of their own work, be self-organized and manage deadlines and production scheduling on numerous, concurrent projects.
• Understanding of readability issues in typography.
• Can produce files that will consistently image properly to film in prepress stage.
• Understands color separation, optimization of scanned images.
• Experience: 4-year degree specializing in graphic design OR Minimum 3 years industry (direct mail, email, landing page, etc) experience highly preferred
• Portfolio: PDF or website
• Technical Knowledge: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat. Sketch (a plus and can be learned on site)
• No flexibility in location.
• No plans to convert at this time.
• 1st round phone interview, 2nd round onsite.