- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Sara Truesdale
The Communications Manager will be responsible for delivering communications and programs that enable leaders and customers to receive information consistently and effectively throughout the organization. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in operationalizing communications workflows and building mechanisms that enable communication at scale within large, fast-moving, global organizations. Strong attention to detail, along with exceptional copywriting and editing skills for both original content as well as rewriting and optimizing content from subject matter experts are essential. This role will work with stakeholders across Senior Leadership, Program Managers, Data Analysts, Software Development, Professional Services, Technical Writers, Solutions Architecture, technical managers. The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies. The role will be responsible for maintaining effective communication of new projects and initiatives to both end customers and senior. leaders. The role will oversee all communication, document writing, and documentation for all new system initiatives. These results will then be shared on regular cadences with leaders across the organization.
This role requires attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple critical requests across global teams. The ideal candidate will be a detail oriented, experienced planner with the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility and composure with a positive attitude.
Our client is world-renowned e-commerce and cloud computing company considered by many to be the world’s most customer-centric organization. Based in Seattle, our client is known for having small, agile, and innovative teams made up of members who think big, are always curious, and have a strong bias for action, and high standards.
They are an equal opportunity employer that prioritizes diversity, and equality, and encourages all employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work each and every day. Their top priority is understanding how their customer is evolving and they remain diligent in providing convenience, affordable products, and unrivaled customer service.
Many offices are located in the heart of Downtown Seattle/South Lake Union and are well-known for being dog-friendly!
• Bachelors Degree
• 5+ years professional experience in product marketing, communications, or sales program management for a high tech company
• Written communication—excellent writing skills, strong line-editing, copyediting and proofreading skills; varies writing style to meet needs; presents data effectively.
• Research skills—ability to synthesize information from multiple sources, present evaluations and summarize key findings precisely and succinctly
• Strong “reporter” mindset—seeking out interesting stories and asking probing questions to identify key highlights to share
• Top-notch proofreading skills with excellent command of American English
• Oral communication—speaks clearly and persuasively; possesses ability to engage others; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; actively participates in meetings
• Digital fluency—foundational understanding of behaviors in the digital space and digital platforms.
• Ability to achieve highest degree of accuracy with quick turnaround and juggle many projects
• Ability to think innovatively and creatively, and change course if necessary
• Willing to roll up one’s sleeves and get work done, even when outside the scope of the job
• Superior written, verbal, and visual communication skills
• Strong project management skills and experience; able to manage multiple campaigns and projects simultaneously with documented success
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the company
• Experience developing communications for customer-facing field roles
• Ability to spot opportunities and develop creative, effective approaches to difficult challenges
• Must be comfortable in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and able to manage priorities well
• Excellent Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word management skills
• Experience designing processes to maximize efficiency
• Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to improve processes
• 5+ years of prior related work experience
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• High levels of integrity and discretion
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision