- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Suzy Thompson
- Create compelling and visually stimulating presentations that effectively communicate complex ideas.
- Work with other designers, motion graphic designers, communication and legal leads, and industry thought
- Leaders who will rely on the designer to craft keynote presentations.
- Understand presentation design nuances and principles, specifically, how to tell a story.
- Create consistent layouts with strong attention to detail.
- Provide creative, thoughtful, and informed solutions to overall storytelling hurdles.
- Undergraduate or MFA degree in design or a related field.
- Minimum 5+ years’ agency or in-house (or similar) experience in a comparable role.
- Experience creating presentations.
- A portfolio demonstrating strong design skills and a personal aesthetic.
- Possess an appreciation for clean and impactful aesthetic. Specifically, hierarchy, typography, color pairing, and layout.
- Extremely strong illustration and art direction background.
- Experience with motion-based story telling preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe CC, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Intermediate proficiency with Keynote (or equivalent presentation design experience).
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills with a self-starter personality.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various personality types and work with non-design partners.
- Ability to provide solutions and collaborate with partners in a positive manner.
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
Be part of their mission of community building
Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Additionally, check out all you’d have at your fingertips:
Paid Time Off:
-Freelancers are eligible to accrue up to 15 days of PTO per 12-month period. Accrual begins on your first day of assignment thereafter. Non-exempt workers (hourly) accrue 1 hour of PTO for every 16.67 hours. Accrued PTO can be used after your 91st day on assignment. PTO can be used for holidays, personal time off, vacation, and sick time.
- Transportation to and from San Francisco/Oakland to their campus in Menlo Park CA.
- Communal beach cruisers are parked everywhere, making it easy to get across the 57 acre, 11 building campus.
- Bike Repair Shop.
Meals are provided (and we’re not talking about a small cafeteria)! It is like Disneyland with all of the amazing options you have available. You will never get bored with all of the restaurants you have to choose from.
The football field-sized grass roof deck is available for you to use at your leisure! With beautiful views and tons of space, it is great place to relax and enjoy your lunch every day.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent get you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
***Please ensure FULL LEGAL NAME is noted on resume.***
***Portfolio or work samples required.***
***Background check is required for this position.***