- Hartford County
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Kimberley Strayer
Our client, a major Healthcare Provider, is looking for a Marketing Consultant to assist in the development and execution of marketing/communications plans for the senior audience (includes audience assessment, positioning, timing, and metrics). The perfect candidate will also assist in the development of marketing communications campaigns and tactics, as well as maintain the working relationship with matrix partners, including marketing team members for other senior product lines. This role will provide general support for the acquisition, nurturing, and retention of clients and customers. May include developing campaign strategies, creative strategies, production schedules, and budget estimates. Generally, this position serves as a supporting role on larger, more complex projects but may lead smaller or less complex projects.
- Works closely with key internal matrix partners (market leads, Marketing Communications, call center, sales leads, product leads, operations, finance, etc) to deliver accurate, concise information around campaign tracking/reporting, and sales support materials.
- Supports annual open enrollment Ready to Market communications including sales support materials for various distribution channels, including direct to consumer, group retiree plans and private exchanges.
- Supports development and execution of consumer campaigns including digital internet campaigns.
- Reviews campaign materials and mailing proofs to assure accuracy of mailings and designs appropriate campaign tracking.
- Evaluates results versus goals and makes recommendations. Collects and analyzes data to identify campaign and market trends, competitive forces, and penetration strategies.
- Supports presentations for management related to strategy, specific campaigns and their impact and other topics as identified
- Develops and maintains marketing and campaign databases involving internally driven or externally derived information sources to support campaigns.
- Provides actionable direction to marketing team members to effectively manage projects and ensure quality, cost-effective solutions are delivered on time.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent field work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience working in marketing or related function for large/complex organizations. Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within a professional or market communication field or recognized body of formal knowledge. This includes knowledge required for project and campaign management and customer communications.
- Medicare and group insurance experience preferred; insurance or financial services experience a must.
- Effective work prioritization, forecasting, scheduling and coordinating skills for assigned projects. Able to multi-task multiple projects, work in a matrix environment, and deadline driven. Focus on constantly evaluating and improving results.
- Excellent organizational skills to facilitate the coordination and completion of multiple and varied plans. Excellent written and oral communication skills that allow clear and concise presentation of conclusions and recommendations to a variety of audiences. Well-developed negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong team player who values collaboration and communication; must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Detail oriented in the development and review of materials, and in working with campaign data, and CMS regulations.
* Accepted candidate must pass background check and drug screen