The Brand Copywriter is an elite writer/communications specialist responsible for developing creative concepts and crafting compelling stories and messages for a wide array of creative/communications platforms. The Brand Copywriter should have a portfolio of professional work that demonstrates success working across diverse communications vehicles and creating messages based on input from multiple stakeholders. The Brand Writer demonstrates clarity, consistency, and energy in transporting the Brand Voice across every touch point. This role requires the ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
• Write and edit copy supporting all marketing activities for our client's Brand Team
• Express the Brand Voice across all outputs and media: from in-store to advertising to video to web
• Create positioning and creative communications strategies based on seasonal big stories, and transform those strategies into copy for all marketing vehicles
• Have an intimate, personal understanding of global sports and culture per men's, women's, and/or youth team and individual sports
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners
• Other duties may be assigned
• Manage projects and sometimes lead teams of people (internal and external)
• Become an advocate for the Under Armour brand and an expert on our products—translate that understanding into concepts and actionable multi-channel sales materials
• eComm: Have a firm understanding of how to apply search engine optimization and SEO keyword principles to copy to aid in natural and paid search efforts
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
• GET IT DONE, DONE, DONE– ACCOUNTABILITY Takes responsibility and ownership for own tasks, decisions and outcomes. Delivers consistent results and hits deadlines within the scope of own role.
• FIND A BETTER WAY– CREATIVITY & INNOVATION Demonstrates curiosity by asking questions about current practices and suggesting potential changes. Generates new ideas in team settings.
• WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION Acknowledges own role and how it contributes to the common goals of the team. Builds trusting relationships with Teammates and works with others in alignment with team goals.
• THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Demonstrates understanding of local cultural practices. Displays interest in and appreciation for global perspectives. May apply cultural understanding to support other Teammates in global business interactions.
• MAKE THE RIGHT CALL – INTEGRITY AND ETHICS Acts in alignment with values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
WHAT HAVE YOU ACCOMPLISHED ALREADY?
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 2-4 years of marketing communications and writing/content development experience
• Desire to be a major part of a growing team responsible for protecting and advancing the Brand.
• Ability to manage many tasks at once and deliver high-quality output every time, on time.
• Excellent leadership and collaboration skills.
• Excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Microsoft Office and Mac platform proficiency