- Thousand Oaks, CA (or surrounding area)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Kate Gottfried
Looking for a Proofreader with writing and editing skills to join our Healthcare client in Thousand Oaks, CA! This proofreader will be responsible for providing proofreading support to the Marketing Communications (Marcom) team.
Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures accuracy of materials produced by Marcom, and compliance with Corporate, Brand, Legal and Plain Language guidelines.
- Proofreads high-profile design and copywriting projects.
- Helps educate internal and external writers and designers on updates to the Corporate, Brand, Legal and Plain Language guidelines.
- Maintains strict adherence to marketing/production deadlines and provides final sign-off on projects at file release stage to ensure accuracy.
As a Fortune 50 company, our client has been the recipient of numerous awards and accolades, including being distinguished as one of Working Mother magazine’s "100 Best Places to Work" and one of Fortune magazine’s "America’s Most Admired Companies" among health insurers. Our client is also a 2017 Diversity Inc. magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity.
When joining a team at our client, you have the exceptional opportunity to do innovative work where every person counts and all perspectives matter.
What we have heard from talent who work there and why they love it:
- Opportunities to work with innovative digital solutions and initiatives
- A strong focus on diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- A strong probability for temp-to-perm conversion (1 in 3 of our talent convert!)
- Our client invests in their contractors and treats them like their own employees, setting them up for success from the start
- Requires a BA/BS degree in Communications, Journalism or a related field; 2 years of professional proofreading experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience in a regulated industry a requirement; health insurance or managed care preferred.
- Strong written communication skills and a solid command of the English language.
- Working knowledge of Associate Press style guidelines.