- Hartford County, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
Our client is seeking a Marketing Project Manager consultant to work with their Brand team to ensure smart and engaging brand communications are created, produced and distributed to external and internal customers and to meet the business and communications goals of matrix partners. The Consultant will manage complex projects with excellent Project Management skills. This role will work from inception/concept/request through execution, driving projects to completion and meeting business expectations of quality, estimated turnaround time and costs. In addition, this person will serve as the lead for the management of Brand PMO reporting and monitoring under the direction of the US Brand lead.
The consultative nature of this position is driven by to two important aspects: Agency experience with Account Management focus and superior Project Management capabilities. This person must have core competencies in brand/marketing communications strategy and in building and maintaining strong relationships with internal clients – by influencing others without formal authority – engendering trust, support and buy-in. The consultant will mobilize and motivate the matrix team towards a common vision and common set of objectives. Also, the Consultant will effectively manage stakeholders by setting and managing expectations, and earn the trust of leads in the organization, including senior leaders.
The critical skills of this position are thinking strategically and executing tactically to ensure effective delivery of communications that are in keeping with overall brand standards and that will improve our ability to stand out in the marketplace. Candidates will bring a mix of agency and corporate experience with strong project management and production experience, able to drive projects forward and effectively communicate their status to all stakeholders.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
- Must be able to work on-site in Bloomfield, CT full time
- Prior experience in brand management/project management roles at a design firm, ad agency or in house marketing and creative department
- Excellent project and time management skills; operates effectively in a deadline-driven environment. Ability to track and absorb all corporate, branding, legal, and compliance guidelines and ensure directives are followed
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, specifically including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated team and situational leadership
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Ability to resolve conflict (striving for win-win outcomes)
- Ability to deliver tough messages with grace
- Ability to execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Ability to deal with politics
- Focused, creative, solution-oriented, drive for results
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Potential travel up to 10% of the time when needed
- Team player – can build win-win policy setting procedures to achieve overarching goals
- Comfortable under pressure
- Strong and effective communicator and ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to take direction from clients
- Ability to efficiently interface with design team and clients
- Shows initiative, proactivity, and takes full ownership of projects
- Intimate knowledge of people management skills, particularly influence management and conflict resolution.
- Ability to understand, track, drill-down, and question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based upon that data.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent work experience