An elite product marketing team within one of the country’s most recognizable brands is looking for a freelance Data Architect (intermediate level). This career-defining role is onsite in NYC, 32 hours a week, no work on Fridays, 7 months with the opportunity to extend. Healthcare benefits, paid sick time, 401k, Flex Spend are all part of this freelance package.
The Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) is the merchant acquirer, processor and marketing partner for the millions of merchants around the world who accept this well-known charge card.
What You Will Do:
- In this highly visible role, you will report and analyze global business performance metrics, provide ad-hoc analysis and implement global initiatives by helping manage performance and by identifying opportunities for improvement through consistent and accurate reporting, analytics and process management.
- The successful candidate will play a critical role by addressing global senior leader and Client Management’s reporting needs through the development of tools and processes from both internal and client-facing perspectives.
- This individual will also play a key role in annual planning and target setting activities. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain deep knowledge of the Merchant business and to learn the nuances of supporting a global team
- Deliver business results on a recurring basis and undertake in-depth analysis of key business performance metrics, highlighting trends and variances against targets and identifying implications and opportunities for the business.
- Partner with various teams including other Regional Planning & Reporting Teams, Finance, Technologies to ensure consistent definitions, data sources, methodologies, results, reporting, timelines and implementation of key initiatives.
- Identify and implement opportunities to leverage systems and databases, e.g. RAMP, GMAR & Tableau to provide reporting and analytical data and insights to address key business needs as well as support forecasting, planning, target setting and scorecard processes
- Drive adoption and enforce best practices and reporting standards.
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests, including those related to Financial Community Meetings, Board of Directors Meetings, and Business Unit Reviews, with high quality and timely responses.
What You Need:
- Undergraduate degree; MBA or similar advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience
- This Sr. Manager should have a strong technical, analytical and process-oriented mindset, should be comfortable collaborating with internal customers, and should be able to demonstrate thought leadership while performing job responsibilities.
- Ability to think strategically, work independently and generate thoughtful ideas, be flexible and adapt to changing business needs and priorities, strong appreciation for detail and a focus on delivery excellence
- Proven ability to have exceptional decision support, quantitative, financial, problem solving and project management skills; demonstrated ability to meet time sensitive leadership requests, reporting experience from middle-management to senior leadership, strong experience developing, executing and managing processes
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data, provide meaningful insights and deliver relevant analysis
- Advanced SAS/SQL, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, Tableau dashboard development experience a plus, RAMP & Global Merchant Warehouse/GMAR experience a plus, Merchant Force experience a plus
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org