Aquent's client is looking for a Merchandise Coordinator to work an exciting long term contract role in the suburbs. Regular business hours and must be on-location in the office (SW Chicago Suburb) (sorry no remote)
The Merchandise Coordinator is responsible for organizing and tracking all merchandise for a variety of photo shoots and projects. Responsible for coordinating the merchandise needed for several shoots simultaneously. This person must be extremely organized and methodical while also maintaining flexibility for frequent changes that arise as a reaction to a fast-paced, retail culture. This role is highly collaborative, the Merchandise Coordinator must communicate with Creative Operations and the Buyers for procurement, as well as, Photographers and Designers during the shoot. They must frequently follow up, request merchandise, and communicate status of merchandise while maintaining good relationships.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Merchandise Coordinator will work to procure and organize merchandise for Print magazines, tabs, postcards, and store signs, as well as all digital projects, from individual dotcom SKUs to social posts, email content, web headers, etc. The Merchandise Coordinator may also at times be asked to coordinate merchandise for location shoots, either in preparation or as it is sent back to the studio.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Gather, track, organize and maintain all product samples
• Work to get all samples at the beginning of a shooting window, organizing the merchandise clearly so it is ready to shoot
• Keep an awareness of changes in offers and provide merchandise status reports as required
• Track any samples that are taken by printing company for retouching, mock store display, and for outside studio photography
• Pack, ship, and receive samples and other related props and supplies to and from external photo shoots
• Facilitate the prompt return of all samples to place of origin
• Has an awareness of tight timelines and feels a sense of urgency to facilitate staying on schedule
• Anticipate problems with samples and work ahead to create solutions
• Display maturity and professionalism under pressure
• Collaborate and communicate well with a number of colleagues