- Remote on East Coast
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Kimberley Strayer
Our client is seeking a Marketing Consultant who will be responsible for the development and targeted execution of marketing strategy and programs related to advancing engagement with local market scope. This leader will drive marketing planning inclusive of analysis, strategy creation, performance plan/implementation and monitoring.
We are seeking consultants who bring a strong strategic mindset, ability to work with and influence business and marketing partners and an ability to operate in a dynamic, and sometimes ambiguous environment. Candidate will possess strong business-to-business, business-to-consumer, and partnership/co‐marketing experience.
- Develop value proposition on external positioning and messaging that recognizes unique capabilities and resonates across various audiences and stakeholders – consumers, employers, distribution partners, and, importantly, healthcare providers- both physicians and hospitals
- Drive comprehensive external marketing strategy and plan; including traditional and non‐traditional channels, public relations and promotions to support business objectives.
- Partner with internal teams to deliver sales messaging and material, training and education, work with business marketing to incorporate into core sales stories.
- Serve as a leader to provide national consistency and efficiency across marketing programs; interface with field marketing, implementation team, and market leadership to identify leverage points and opportunities.
- Collaborate with hospital and health system vertical team, on relevant opportunities.
- Work with Insights team to derive and analyze market and competitive insights, keeping pulse on trends to inform our future strategy. In collaboration with leadership and extended team, to facilitate the development of an insights‐driven strategy and roadmap based on gaps and unmet needs. Support execution of the strategy.
- Working with Brand, Product and leadership team, recommend brand strategy for new and emerging lines of business and localized solutions.
- Drive a customer‐focused culture by demonstrating the strategic and financial significance of a business anchored in deep customer, client, and business partner understanding
- Demonstrate values, including teamwork and enterprise view
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL OFFER
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or master’s degree in marketing strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 7‐10 years of marketing and strategic planning experience. Must have Healthcare Insurance Experience
- Executive presence to gain confidence of and influence/ advise delivery system clients.
- Ability to identify strategic needs, with little or no direction.
- Ability to work effectively in dynamic, rapidly changing, team‐based environment across multiple functions and geographies.
- Experience managing multiple priorities and executing strategy within time, budget and quality standards.
- Ability to build and leverage internal relationships
- Lead and quickly demonstrate credibility as a subject matter expert in marketing knowledge and experience, business acumen & successful relationship management.
- Pragmatic business mindset rather than a technical/academic research mindset
- Goal oriented and personally accountable; resourceful and self‐directed
- Adaptable and flexible; open minded, innovative and creative – seeks ‘out of box’ solutions
- Open communicator; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer focus
- Strategic mindset
- Cultural sensitivity
- Business leadership and judgment skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Business oriented, mature and self‐motivated
- Able to work under pressure on multiple priorities
Accepted candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to start