- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Erica R. Brown
A Fortune 500 in SF is searching for a Product Development Manager for Women's Knits & Sweaters!
• Technical knowledge of knits and sweaters
• Maintain an understanding of our brand aesthetic and collaborate with Design to support the development of the product line
• Create and maintain boms
• Maintain an understanding of how certain raw materials perform when in garment form and offer input and recommendations based on VoC, vendor innovation, quality improvements, and competition
• Timely coordinate of good/better/best during sketch review, ensuring strategy is adhered to
• Execute category product development strategies that align with production strategies and division goals.
• Understand product development implications on merchandising and design-driven product decisions based on category or vendor strategies and nuances
• Leverage technical knowledge and leadership support to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach.
• Understand divisional and cross-functional goals and work with team to execute supporting strategies.
• Attend fittings and provide input and feedback to the team regarding changes made that affect AUC
• provide cost analysis reports for each step of the development process; advise paths to AUC target
Software skills required: Excel, PLM, ACT
Our client is an SF-based Fortune 500 apparel retailer.
Talent placed here are given the autonomy to be hands-on decision makers from day
one. The company's leadership assumes a supportive role and applies a collaborative
management style, offering the guidance and insight to help transform your suggestions into strategies.
This is an environment where co-workers are constantly challenging each other to learn and grow in their roles every day, which energizes the office, and creates forward motion, both on a personal level, and as a company. They’re experimenting with their digital reach, using tech as a catalyst for industry change - both online and in stores. With such robust focus and investment on innovation, employees have the opportunity to directly contribute to the changing landscape of the retail world.
The company culture here is one of relaxed, inclusive community with an ever-present focus on learning and development - both for the individual team member as well as the projects and initiatives that are driving the company forward. And, with tons of cool volunteering opportunities and initiatives, employees have the chance to become influential community leaders as they work for positive change.