We are looking for a user researcher to help understand the world’s toughest energy challenges. Work in a company that values user experience; join a corporate community of a few dozen UX professionals who will challenge you and grow your skillset. If you want to work on challenging scientific and engineering software with highly technical problems, and you have strong skills in user research and communication, have a look at this:
Activities and Skills:
1. We value the breadth of research techniques in your repertoire. You’ll help us select the right research method for the information we need.
2. We do lots of generative research. You’ll lead user interviews and contextual inquiries. While you will sometimes work alone, more often you’ll partner with subject matter experts, designers, and developers who will “ride along” with you to learn about our business and users.
3. We also do evaluative research. You’ll plan and moderate usability tests for paper prototypes, electronic mock-ups, and implemented applications. These will mostly be conducted in our usability lab, but also in the field.
4. You’ll lead the analysis and synthesis of the research findings. We appreciate your skill with presenting clear, visual depictions of the people, the work, and the problems, so that we can work as a team to build solutions that improve those things.
5. We need your writing and visual communications skills to bring the research discoveries alive. From team members to executives, we rely on you to make the research real so that we can action it.
· Mixed methods research approach
· Generative research (contextual inquiry, naturalistic observation, etc.)
· Evaluative research (usability testing, prototype testing, etc.)
· Analysis and synthesis of research data
· Survey Development & Analysis
Desired Skills or Experience:
· 4+ years of experience
· 2+ years of experience in Oil and Gas or other science/engineering domain preferred.