- Round Rock, TX
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Gavin Freeman
Our client, a top multinational computer technology company, is looking for a Gaming Marcom Advisor!
They are looking for a passionate gamer with a strong knowledge on gaming technology, a roll-up-you-sleeves attitude and social media communications expert. This successful candidate will be responsible for managing a vendor partnership and brand integration within a key strategic initiative In this role, the candidate’s performance will be measured on increasing sales conversion and driving demand with the client's products.
Day to Day Activities
- Manage the execution of all MarCom creative and messaging for gaming product line.
- Generate marketing strategies and tactics that lead to sales conversion from gaming product line.
- Develop creative promotions for vendor technology
- Build and manage the project calendar
- Create daily engagement and conversation within the community.
- Create immersive and educational mobile and web experience pages on gaming product line
- Be the brand advocate for vendor within the community.
- Develop a relationship and assess the community's pulse, understand its needs, concerns and communicate to internal teams
- Moderate, create content, support, and engage the community on social networks, community forums and emails/newsletters.
- Attend various industry events
- Collaborate and work closely with vendor on feedback, approvals and attend monthly and quarterly partner meetings
- BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in marketing and/or community. Preferably in the gaming industry
- Strong understanding of and adaptability to popular social networking tools and trends.
- Ability to have an intelligent conversation about PC Hardware, Core and Graphics Processors will be necessary to ramp up on very quickly, specifically with Core Processors
- Ability to lead cross-functional projects: collaborating across multiple teams and managers, and overseeing development.
- Demonstrated initiative and positive spirit in a rapidly changing environment.
- Passion for games in general, including titles played on PC, console, and mobile devices.
- Willing to travel for events, meetings, conventions, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Our client offers so much! Work in a corporate setting for a major technology company, but have the feeling that you’re in an agency. How do they do that? Check this out:
They offer flexible schedules to promote work/life balance. Need to pick drop the kids off at school before getting in? No worries! They get it!
They understand that although you’re freelancing, you’re still interested in growing your career path. They invest in learning & promote creativity on their projects, teams, and with individuals. Freelancers are included in things like team off-sites. Not something you see every day!
They recognize freelancers as members of their teams who are helping to get the same projects across the finish line. There’s no separation here. You’re part of the team! They’ll tend to offer up permanent conversion to most freelancers after an extended period of freelance.
They encourage growth beyond your job title. They understand that value comes from growth, and the growth is a 360 degree thing. Interested in enhancing your current skill set with complementary skills? This is the place! They allow work on projects outside your core competencies, in order to build new strengths.
Have no fear that you’ll fit in here. They make it work, and accept you as part of the team!