- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Heather Farrin
Our client's mission is to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. They believe we can improve the world by helping people feel closer to one another. Our lives are based on the relationships we form with everyone from our best friends to the brands we love. By strengthening these relationships, people's lives are enriched. Today, visual communication is the most efficient way to bring people closer together. By building products that help you share your experiences visually, this app breaks barriers of distance and time and makes the world feel like a smaller, more welcoming place.
The Well-being teams support this mission by reducing the effects of negative experiences and promoting positive experiences for those using the app. Seeking a qualitative or mixed-methods researcher who can build empathy and understanding through their research to inform product decisions. Researchers build strong partnerships with cross-function on this team, working closely with data science, PM, policy, CO, design, and eng. Experience working with sensitive or special populations is a plus. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about fostering safe, trustworthy, and meaningful social ecosystems, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the design and well-being of users.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a variety of qualitative methods (including interviews and usability testing), and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Collaborate closely with other researchers
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering, data science and marketing
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research
- BA/BS degree in marketing, or a human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.) MA / PhD preferred. Experience in applied product research
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
Be part of their mission of community building
Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Additionally, check out all you’d have at your fingertips:
Paid Time Off:
-Freelancers are eligible to accrue up to 15 days of PTO per 12-month period. Accrual begins on your first day of assignment thereafter. Non-exempt workers (hourly) accrue 1 hour of PTO for every 16.67 hours. Accrued PTO can be used after your 91st day on assignment. PTO can be used for holidays, personal time off, vacation, and sick time.
- Transportation to and from San Francisco/Oakland to their campus in Menlo Park CA.
- Communal beach cruisers are parked everywhere, making it easy to get across the 57 acre, 11 building campus.
- Bike Repair Shop.
Meals are provided (and we’re not talking about a small cafeteria)! It is like Disneyland with all of the amazing options you have available. You will never get bored with all of the restaurants you have to choose from.
The football field-sized grass roof deck is available for you to use at your leisure! With beautiful views and tons of space, it is great place to relax and enjoy your lunch every day.
***Please ensure full legal name is noted on resume along with a portfolio link, if applicable.***
***Background check is required for this position.***