- Nashville, TN
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- July 9, 2018
- posted by:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
Our client is seeking a Marketing Account Coordinator to join their Direct-to-Consumer marketing team. In this Consultant role, you will work closely with their marketing and creative people to support the constant flow of projects that make up the company’s huge marketing communications program through their busy season. You’ll help make sure that jobs are completed on time and with a level of efficiency that has people at a loss for words.
To make that happen, we are seeking candidates that bring a strong foundation in marketing. That includes a basic understanding of communications strategies, methods, and processes. You also need to know how to work well with others, how to communicate effectively in what you say, and how you put it on paper and in emails. That’s key in your pursuit to help build strong relationships with the internal team members, clients, and partners.
What we want you to do (duties and responsibilities)
- Effectively manage projects assigned to you using their agency workflow process
- Get estimates and timelines for your projects by working with key agency members
- Track project status and maintain clear and up-to-date project status reports
- Track and report next steps that result from meetings or calls
- Gather information from internal partners or external resources that are needed for your projects
- Work with the creative team to manage edits to communications
- Assist team with getting final sign-offs from the experts, project owners and compliance/legal team
- Track and report estimated vs. actual project costs
- Track schedules to ensure on-time delivery
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
What you need to make it happen (education, experience and competencies)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ideally, some real-world marketing experience (2+ years) in an agency or corporate marketing department
- Solid understanding of basic communications principles
- Solid understanding of basic social and digital media
- Demonstrated ability to listen well and learn fast
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, complex environment where the priorities and requirements can vary greatly
- Demonstrated creative thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong relationship management skills that support collaboration, respect different perspectives and ultimately help get buy-in of ideas and solutions
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Excellent business writing and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Successful candidates will be required to pass a background check and drug screen prior to the start.