- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Ryan Stipes
As a visual designer, you will work with creative leadership and key partners to craft components for a responsive UI system (web-based) that will be deployed across multiple markets and communication sites. Your work will help connect to and communicate with users through storytelling, intuitive interfaces, and digital brand experiences.
You will collaborate daily with a diverse set of specialists from producers, information architects, experience designers, content strategists, writers, and engineers to bring these designs to life.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Create UI components and structures that will be used within a broader interactive design system
- Create websites that embody the principles and design using aforementioned components
- Create guidelines and specifications for users and stakeholders.
- Degree in Design or related field 5+ years of experience in Interaction design or a related field.
- A proven ability in the areas of narrative, conceptual, building UI systems, and graphic design (typography, layout and how it extends across digital)
- Solid understanding of how to design for the modern web—across browsers, screen sizes, and user profiles.
- Detail-oriented (to the pixel!) and organized, with strong visual design skills, layout, typography and high graphic standards.
- Expert proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other design tools.
- Knowledge of contemporary design and technology trends and insightful ways on how these could be relevant to digital brand expression.
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- Ability to prototype (InVision, Framer, AfterEffects etc.).
- Experience working with external vendors, agencies, creative talents, etc.
- Previous experience working with our internal teams (product or marketing).
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: