- Carlsbad, California
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Cecilia Krepelka
- Perform QC editing on technical pieces, including spec sheets, app notes, video scripts, brochures, etc. during high-volume times and to cover vacation schedules.
- The individual will be expected to be available to work daytimes on relatively short notice, approx. 15-20 hours/week, although the week-to-week schedule will vary.
- Initial training will be on-site at Carlsbad office, with the possibility of working remote after that time depending upon workload and capabilities exhibited.
- Local candidates only.
- Generally requires three to five years of scientific writing experience, preferably in the biotech field.
- Proficient to thorough understanding of scientific and technical content.
- Exceptional copyediting and proofreading skills.
- Keen attention to detail, high regard for quality, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sophisticated knowledge of English usage (grammar, spelling, punctuation, language usage, and audience sensitivity), as well as The Chicago Manual of Style and the CSE Manual.
- Ability to edit content so that it is accurate, clear, concise, and meets the needs of the target audience.
- Can effectively adapt structure, tone, and style to meet objectives, and apply house style guidelines.
- Ability to work on multiple short- and long-term projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Strong relationship management, project management, and critical thinking skills.
- Minimum requirement is a Master’s degree in the life sciences. PhD preferred.
An American multinational biotechnology product development company.