- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Amy Izzo
Seeking a mid-level Service Designer to work on high visibility projects within a digital customer experience (fintech) group within a global financial company. This is a temp-to-perm role in NYC.
The Service Designer will leverage human centered research to design end-to-end journeys of services across channels and touchpoints. This helps customers to complete their goals, and helps the business to use digital technology to deliver.
This team supports an aggressive digital transformation agenda, creating highly personalized, real time experiences across web and mobile and find innovative ways to deepen customer engagement.
- Use deep knowledge of design-thinking, to engage teams and run workshops that bring the user to the center, defining an optimum service experience
- Produce artifacts, including: Service Design Blueprints, illustrated Journey maps, and concept designs for the creation and evolution of products and processes
- Plan, conduct, report-on, and advocate for a variety of research methodologies that lead to customer insights and opportunity areas
- Partner with product, technology, and design teams to assess the business viability, tech feasibility, and customer desirability of new experience concepts
- Approach the business as a holistic ecosystem to connect dots and identify gaps across organizational silos
- Help define service metrics and key performance indicators from a customer's lens to measure the improvement of customer experiences
- Communicate design-thinking and service design to non-designers and prove the impact of Human Centered Design and Service Design methods
- 2-3 years of experience in a Service Design role
- Significant User Experience Research and Product Design experience
- Hands-on experience of designing / informing a variety of digital touch-points and non-digital channels
- Strong project and people management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor
- Excellent communication, collaboration and organization skills
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction or a related design or behavioral sciencediscipline is preferred
Must also bring:
- A passion for creating products that resonate emotionally with people
- Excitement for the complexity of personal finances as well as the broader financial ecosystem
It’s not often that we get to say “yeah, but just listen to what they offer…” about our larger clients. Most people look at the awesome job description, then read “Financial Services Industry” and move on. We’ve heard it a thousand times! Know what else we’ve heard at this client just as much? “Wow! I’m so glad I took this job! This is not your father’s financial services company!”
Work here and experience:
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge digital business strategies & projects. Digital initiatives are at the forefront of this firm's strategy.
- Work-life balance culture - no more agency hours!
- Strong potential for temp-to-perm conversion. Nearly half of the people we've placed here have converted to a permanent position, either in their current role, or in a related department
- Great community with 60+ "Aquenters" onsite!
- Massive points on your resume for being part of a cutting-edge team, leading the way in breathing fresh air into the financial services industry.
With a customer experience focus in mind, our client is leading the way in how we interact with our money. They recognize that today’s customers are technically savvy & independent as well as highly creative, and they are successful at being the best at serving them. Through massive investments by the bank, to cutting edge customer experience, this organization is truly best-in-class. Come join us!