This job contributes to success by leading assigned accounts as a strategic creative and business partner. Responsible for the health and well-being of assigned accounts with an intimate understanding of clients' goals and needs. Champions creative and acts as a brand steward for the company. Provides strategic oversight and accountable for creative development and implementation of multiple highly complex programs and projects end-to-end through the Studio and agency partners. Models and acts in accordance with guiding principles.
Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated history in leading internal and agency teams throughout the creative process - from briefing, strategic alignment, and all the way through campaign production/execution. They will be highly effective in navigating multi-layered organizations, with the ability to sell-in creative/campaigns to leadership. They need to have strong collaborative instincts on how to assess and create a plan of action that fits the project while making thoughtful decisions along the way.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Models leadership behaviors that are grounded in Mission and Values.
- Manages numerous complex programs for the Global Creative Studio. Partners and collaborates with agencies, creative + production teams, and cross-functional partners to ensure the work delivers against goals and meets + exceeds Global Creative Studio standards.
- Focuses on the business and provides strategic thought leadership to guide the team(s) on how to not only achieve client goals, but also generate work that is creatively brilliant, measurable and has a cultural impact.
- As the “ultimate” advisor to the client, the Account lead must align the client’s expectations and our brand vision in a way that is meaningful to all.
- Leads through ambiguity, articulating and influencing fluid scope and nimbly driving deliverables across multiple business priorities.
- Builds collaborative relationships with internal and external groups to meet + exceed Creative Studio standards. Influences high quality creative solutions that solve business problems while working with our clients (‘the business’) to uncover goals, develop creative strategies and identify the right path forward for work streams.
- Plays a critical role in collaborating towards ‘one voice’ strategic and creative integration across marketing channels and business units by leading rollout of advertising/promotional communication strategies and creative assets.
- Actively participates in scope planning, initial budget and resource forecast, contract negotiation, and creative brief alignment.
- Brings clarity around expectations to the team/agencies and helps resolve challenging situations. Identifies and escalates key issues or risks to assess business impact and find solutions.
- Drives relationships with internal and external creative teams, agencies and vendors to develop integrated, digitally centered, customer communications. Leads production and execution of out of store (OOS) campaign deliverables.
- Responsible for agency management, program management and budget management for advertising and channel activity (such as social). Helps to establish and maintain processes to ensure effective and timely development and execution of programs within defined budget constraints.
- Works with agency and marketing partners to track performance, gather consumer insights and analyze or evaluate program effectiveness. Shares findings with business units, and other departments and integrates findings into future marketing activities and initiatives.
- Models effective collaboration and teamwork across brand to build holistic programs (PR, Channel, Media, Global, Social, etc.).
Summary of Experience
- Strategic planning and advertising production/execution across all creative channels, with an emphasis on digital & social
- Social strategy and creative management across social platforms
- Relationship management with external agencies, vendors or business partners
- Leading and facilitating cross-functional or organizational groups
- Ability to navigate & work with all levels of the organization
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Business and financial acumen
- Ability to evaluate creative and provide clear direction to agencies and internal teams
- Proven experience in digital and social campaign development and execution
- Creative production experience, specifically film, digital and social
- Ability to manage time and budget effectively
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage and drive forward project timelines
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and measurement/tracking skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of brand marketing
- Experience in marketing program development/planning and implementation
1. What is the intended start date and end date?
We’re hoping to fill quickly, having someone start 6/18. Contract would go through 1/18.
2. Is there a potential for extension?
Unsure, but there is always a chance.
3. Is there specific project that this role will be for?
If so please describe it This person will be working on FY19 Winter, Spring & Summer advertising campaigns. The specific assignment is still being defined, but this work would require this person to help/drive in-take of the creative brief, manage creative teams(agencies) through strategic alignment, creative development, creative production and execution.
4. Why would a candidate choose this role over another identical role within the organization?
This role gets to work within the Global Creative Studio, the teams getting to create and bring to life the brand.