The Associate Creative Director – Graphic Design is a digitally savvy specialist in Design and Aesthetics. This individual will bring innovative ideas and have the ability to drive those ideas to completion as a leader and collaborator. This position will be responsible for providing creative team mentorship in order to foster and grow ideas in a team oriented environment. The ideal candidate will have an excellent portfolio of graphic design and digital work, and be eager to bring strategic thinking to a wide spectrum of brand-building & marketing challenges.
Creative Product Output
- Mastery level in Graphic Design including, but not limited to typography, brand system & logo design, image making and layout/composition.
- Ability to design and provide creative feedback to improve design across all mediums including print, digital/web, video and photography
- Cultivate and drive innovative digital content and experiences via online, mobile social and environments
- Ensures the timely development and execution of campaigns and projects designed to deliver results for the team and the business
- Display global awareness and an understanding of global advertising
- Delivers original ideas that are clear, concise and convincing
- Actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability; continuously push the edges of what’s possible and inspire creative excellence
- Is a student of the industry – keeps abreast of current trends and technologies to maintain leading edge and credibility
- Assures full trust in covering business partner meetings – can present ideas in a clear manner, can defend a point of view regarding those ideas, and is an active listener and problem solver when feedback is provided
- Has a respectful and partnering relationship with all teams within the group – account, strategy, project management, design, studio production, photography, retouching, digital, social, etc.
- In partnership with Executive Creative Director, manages outside vendor and agencies as well as freelancers and contract workforce as appropriate.
- Encourages and fosters career development of the team; provides creative direction to others – encouraging thinking beyond their own work.
- In partnership with the Executive Creative Director, leads high performing team that meets all deadlines with work that consistently exceeds expectations
- Can delegate workload and resources effectively to cover major assignments without the need for additional teams, while managing lower level teams on minor assignments
- 10+ years’ experience in advertising or an idea-led creative agency
- BS, BA, BFA or relevant degree required
- Portfolio to demonstrate creative abilities
- OMNI-Channel experience – TV, Print, Digital, Social, Content/Video
- 2-5 years’ leadership of creative team preferred