- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Ryan Stipes
* Work closely with the Creative Director, Art Director, and UX team to develop character designs across a variety of visual styles.
* Produce high-quality illustrations — from concept to execution — for desktop, web, and mobile devices.
* Make adjustments to complex illustration assets, from pixel perfect stylistic revisions to layer naming corrections.
* Brainstorm and take ideas from sketch to complete for seasonal, topical, and regional illustrations.
* Make recommendations to improve workflow efficiency and quality of output as we experiment with new tools and solutions.
* 1+ years of experience as a character designer, cartoonist, or storyboard artist in an editorial, gaming, animation, or software development environment.
* Ability to meet deadlines, work collaboratively, and independently manage project timelines.
* Strong skills with problem-solving, and critical-thinking to solve design & product challenges.
* Knowledge of digital image formats (raster vs vector, transparency, anti-aliasing, etc)
* Expert familiarity with Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
* Portfolio demonstrating strong foundation of character design, narrative storytelling (comics), or storyboarding work for animation / video games / etc.
* Experience collaborating with user researchers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers.
* Experience working in After Effects, Cinema 4D, or Spine.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: