- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Corey King
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Help refine the architecture, user interface, product features, and end-to-end experience for Customer Engagement tools
- Create detailed wireframes, mockups, and prototypes following a user-centered process to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Collaborate closely with, or conduct research to validate concepts, and communicate results to the teams.
- Bachelors/Advanced degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, Computer Science, or a related field (in lieu of degree, ~6-10 years of relevant work experience)
- 5+ years of experience as User experience designer
- Proficiency with Sketch and other industry standard design tools.
- Proven track record of designing and shipping successful software design experiences for multiple device types and contexts
- Strong core interaction design skills, knowledge of the user-centered design methodologies, and a good understanding of usability
- Fluency with visual and interaction design tools as well as ability to work within a highly technical environment; good understanding of technical requirements and limitations
- Experience collaborating with user researchers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers
- Experience designing enterprise s/w applications
Nice to Have Skills:
- Strong leadership skills and product-minded thinking
- Independence, agility, and the ability to navigate ambiguity
- Platform design experience and/or deep knowledge of both web and application design
- Experience working with hardware and across orgs
- Strong visual design skills
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: