AQUENT is currently searching for a Senior level UX Designer / Developer hybrid to join an internal UX focused product team and internal UX consultancy in Westlake, TX (North Dallas).
As a Senior level associate, you’ll have the opportunity to make recommendations and decisions that will affect the direction of our products and sites. You’ll also be comfortable providing subject matter expertise, guidance and leadership to junior associates. You’ll need to be self-motivated and able to operate independently when needed. You’ll have the opportunity and need to learn new design techniques and technology platforms.
Our team is a full-stack UX and development team. We provide UX and development consulting services to other business groups as well as design and build our own portfolio of products. You’ll be primarily focused on advancing our team’s product portfolio, adding capabilities and maintaining our focus on user experience. You’ll be joining a small and focused product team with experts in ux research, content strategy, design, and development.
We use modern standards and techniques, and work on a variety of technology stacks. We understand the importance of user research and testing and have unprecedented access to our users. We use this understanding to make a real impact to the user experience, creating websites, software and apps that people use every day to do their jobs. We have built our reputation and brand on user experience and quality work while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
- Analyze research and requirements to create processes flows
- Create both low and high-fidelity prototypes of interfaces based on research and validate those with users through usability testing
- Create visual mockups of interfaces for development using our design system
- Lead UX and UI Development efforts and epics
- Provide guidance and feedback to the rest of the product team
- Lead junior developers and designers
- Use and contribute to a growing internal design system
- Participate in usability testing in various forms to test design ideas
- Function as part of an Agile product team
- Learn new techniques and technologies as needed to enhance our products
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- 2+ Years experience as a Senior Designer or Developer
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience as a Designer or Developer
- Experience with building web based products and applications
- Experience with blending UX with Agile development preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Some experience with all aspects of User Experience
- Expertise in Interface Design and Interaction Design
- Strong knowledge of the UX design process
- Strong experience with Sketch and the Adobe Creative suite
- Knowledge of cross browser, responsive design techniques
- Experience with RESTful APIs a plus
- Experience with Drupal and PHP a plus
- Ability to both operate independently as well as part of a larger team
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams will be helpful