- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Heather Farrin
Our client is seeking an experienced Digital Merchandiser to drive our merchandising strategy and operations centered on the platform's Marketplace ecommerce efforts. This role will oversee the Home and/or Electronics verticals with focus on promotional pricing and Deals. This person will own the curation and optimization of the Deals storefront, elevating the experience across our customer base by inspiring users to explore and interact with the merchandise offered. S/he is an analytical powerhouse, who loves creating processes and working cross-functionally across our organization. This person should have passion for social media consumer and tech products in general, and should demonstrate a strong ability to lead the merchandising vision for our extensive product offering. Industry knowledge of Home and/or Electronics and diverse consumer verticals is recommended for this role. Expertise in a heavily promotional category or Deals oriented business model is recommended.
This person is action-oriented, quickly moving from information gathering to analysis to action to assess current landscape and identify new opportunities. Working across merchandising, marketing and partnerships, the ideal candidate should be able to identify key retail moments, activate them across our experiences and optimize for key performance metrics.
- Ownership of the Marketplace storefront for department or category of focus, curating the consumer experience through merchandise to inspire discovery of the product offering and drive conversion.
- Develop and implement strategic direction for merchandise department or category. Source and on-board optimal mix of vendors and merchandise assortment to drive category growth.
- Develop go-to-market plans for new categories and new experiences, influencing product roadmap and integrations with external partners.
- Plan and manage visual merchandising strategy and campaigns for merchandise department or category.
- Drive pricing and promotional strategy for merchandise category or department, with a focus on deals.
- Execute merchandising of Marketplace feed across different customer segments, and identify supply/demand gaps to influence category management, product ranking, cross-sell strategy and visual merchandising.
- Develop go-to-market plans for new categories and new experiences, influencing product roadmap for merchandising tools and integrations with external partners.
- Work cross-functionally to understand business priorities, user feedback, and market trends to understand and report on performance and identify opportunities, including gathering competitive intelligence.
- Implement merchandising and eCommerce best practices and react to real-time signals to improve interactions and quality of the product. Suggest A/B tests to drive eCommerce merchandising conclusions and performance measures.
- 5-8+ years related experience in eCommerce or site/digital merchandising, focusing on multiple verticals. Home, Electronics and Deals/Promotions experience preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices in site merchandising.
- Knowledge of category and inventory management concepts.
- Expertise working in a customer-focused e-commerce environment.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including 3rd party vendors, marketing, design, research, product management and engineering.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to present to and influence large groups, and negotiate with 3rd party vendors.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills.
- Proven ability to solve difficult problems that span customer facing, strategy, and operations.
- Technical background, or aptitude in picking up and understanding new technologies.
- BS or BA degree
- MBA or equivalent experience
This TOP social media company headquartered in Menlo Park, CA was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
This social media leader is looking for a Digital Merchandiser for a 6-month assignment onsite at their headquarters in Menlo Park.
***Please ensure full legal name is noted on resume along with a portfolio link, if applicable.***
***Background check is required for this position.***