- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Courtney Schaefer
As a Content Manager on a marketing team for 7+ months at a Fortune 500 multi-national tech company, you will work with various internal teams and stakeholders, as well as external partners and agencies to help source and manage content for key marketing deliverables. You will need to develop a deep understanding of the products (both “built-in” and “works with”) in order to drive the creation, collection, and distribution of content that is critical to building marketing communications that accurately showcase the product experience.
You are a self-starter with the ability to thrive in ambiguity and operate in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. You have an obsessive attention to detail and creative nuances. You are the ultimate multitasker, able to manage a large workload efficiently, while identifying opportunities to scale and streamline internal processes. You are resourceful and highly adept at working cross-functionally to get things done.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
*Source, organize, distribute, and track all content needs
*Collaborate closely with internal teams to stay on top of all product and UX changes that may impact content
*Be the expert on content and be the primary internal point of contact for all questions related to content
- Build a central repository of all content (eg. UIs for priority surfaces, screenfills, etc.) with links to assets and rights usage information
- Build a process for marketers to follow when requesting content needs outside of what is available in the repository
- Develop a cadence for effectively communicating to all stakeholders availability, updates, and expiration to all content
- Build relationships with internal teams, as well as creative agencies to source the latest approved content
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Proven track record of exceptional performance and high productivity
- Exceptional program management and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of product positioning and marketing
- Keen attention to detail and creative judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical mindset with strong quantitative reasoning, creativity, and strategic skills
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
Nice to Haves:
- Experience building or managing large scale content management systems
- Understanding of creative file types; Photoshop / In-Design / Sketch experience a plus
- Experience in a customer facing or partnership role a plus
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: