- Hanover, MD
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Robert Ustruck
The Community Health Educator is responsible for identifying and communicating health education services, implementing health promotion and education programs and presentations, partnering with field marketing representatives on related recruitment and enrollment activities.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates health education programs in the community and reports outcomes.
- Educates members, prospective members, community organizations, and providers about Health Promotion policies, programs, and services.
- Develops and ensures implementation of member community education programs, classes and materials that focus on prevention, health behavior modification and disease management.
- Collaborates with marketing reps to identify and implement activities/services that promote retention and assist with market penetration and growth.
- Communicates community education programs and events to internal departments, providers, and members.
- BA/BS in Health Promotion, Health Education, Nursing, or related field; 3 years of experience in health or managed care education; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge of company products, services and benefits
- Knowledge of the various health and social services with a special emphasis on services offered by community based organizations
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent understanding of claims and membership
- Project Management
- Competent at using Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Access, Power Point
As a Fortune Top 50 company, our client has been the recipient of numerous awards and accolades, including being distinguished as one of Working Mother magazine’s "100 Best Places to Work" and one of Fortune magazine’s "America’s Most Admired Companies" among health insurers. Our client is also a 2017 Diversity Inc. magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity.
When joining a team at our client's, you have the exceptional opportunity to do innovative work where every person counts and all perspectives matter.
What we have heard from talent who work there and why they love it:
- Opportunities to work with innovative digital solutions and initiatives
- A strong focus on diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- A strong probability for temp-to-perm conversion (1 in 3 of our talent convert)
- Our client invests in their contractors and treats them like their own employee, setting them up for success from the start.