- Hartford County, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Kimberley Strayer
Our client is seeking a Creative Traffic Manager to be the central contact point for all project work that flows in and out of their creative team. Once a job has been opened in the project tracking system, the Traffic Manager will develop a high level timeline. Working with the Creative and Account teams, the Traffic Manager will assign specific people to the project. The Traffic Manager monitors resource requirements and alerts the appropriate staff of outside/freelance staffing needs. The Traffic Manager helps to make sure that all work will be completed within the scheduled deadlines. As needed, the Traffic Manager will work with the Account team to adjust job deadlines and priorities while still meeting their Client’s needs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- As Jobs are opened by the Account Team in the project tracking system, the Traffic Manager is notified and assigns the project to a Project Manager.
- Reviews workloads with production manager/project manager/creative/art production teams and adjusts assignments as needed making sure that the appropriate talent is used and workloads are evenly maintained.
- Helps create internal cost estimates based on hours, roles and services required for the project.
- Upon receipt of all inputs, the Traffic Manager helps create timelines that will ensure that the work will be completed within the Clients deadlines while allowing ample time to get the work done to the expectations of the Client. Uploads project schedules in system from Project Manager.
- Raises awareness of resource challenges to the broader Account and Creative teams
- Acts as the mediator between all Account team members to establish and re-evaluate priorities.
- Make adjustments to schedules and overall workload as job demands change.
- Makes sure each staff member knows the assignments that they need to complete and the due dates.
- Keeps in contact with all agency teams regarding current deadline status and any issues that may need client or agency attention.
- Assigns project numbers and revision letters for proper documentation.
- Generates status reports and recommends process improvements and efficiencies.
- May act as backup Project Manager when Project Manager is out of office.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Desired candidates will bring:
- Skills: 5+ years of post-college experience managing resources, coordinating teams, and/or other planning-related duties, preferably in the creative agency space.
- Previous experience working directly with the leadership team of an organization.
- Experience in successful management of the scheduled flow of projects and programs.
- Strong computer skills, superior organizational skills, excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work under pressure and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of agency processes, including creative production.
- A cool, calm and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a project management system to run reports and capacity plan.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Selected candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to start.