- El Segundo, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jennifer Lee
My Client is a human-centered design studio, within a much larger organization, tasked with satisfy the multi-platformed entertainment needs and desires of our millions of customers. They believe great copy is an essential component of powerful design. And, as writers, it’s your mission to infuse personality, clarity, and wit into the larger architecture of User Experience.
Unlike in marketing, advertising, or social, UX writers already hold the attention of each user—your unwavering challenge is to make the most of every micro-message. The copy you create can be the difference between enjoyment and frustration, and losing or retaining subscribers. If you’re ready for a new level of importance in your writing, read on…
- Under the direction of the Lead UX Writer, take ownership of writing projects from ideation, planning, and launch through testing and implementation, always aligning with our evolving editorial and style guidelines.
- Partner closely with interaction design teams as they create visual comps and other deliverables.
- Review creative with an eye toward effective expression and communication.
- Thoroughly and accurately digest UX wireframes, user flows, etc., translate them into deliverables, and help manage documentation for “living” copy.
- Be willing to receive critical feedback from Team Leads, designers, researchers, and engineers, then evaluate and recommend copy refinements to help resolve issues.
- Be comfortable working within an Agile development process that involves hard deadlines, rapid testing, and constant iteration. Be able to create and revise solutions until the problems are solved.
- Always be where you need to be, do what you need to be doing, and take responsibility for your work.
- Be willing to learn what you don’t know, and further develop what you do.
- 3-5 years experience in creating on-brand copy and content for online experiences, websites, apps, microsites OR 5-6 years experience in short-form headline, social, and advertising writing
- Prior UX writing experience
- Current portfolio and work samples required
- Deep understanding of current and future digital trends across all platforms
- Aptitude for understanding technical subject matter; ability to quickly grasp core ideas of varied and complex topics required
- Entertainment industry experience strongly preferred
- Advanced interpersonal skills essential
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or equivalent experience
- Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, Sketch, PowerPoint/Keynote, Adobe Acrobat
Please include in cover letter the following:
- A brief explanation about the difference between writing as a process and copy as an outcome.
- Contrast the similarities and differences between marketing/advertising and UX writing.
- Your interest in writing within a technology environment for an entertainment audience.
The world loves TV! But the traditional world of video content distribution and consumption
is changing dramatically. Our client is leading the way, as a top provider of digital television entertainment services, and backed by one of the world’s largest communication companies, delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, and unmatched programming to more than 37 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America.
As a marketer, designer, developer, writer, or manager, if your passion is technology, this is where to look! Our client is innovating ways to bring not only its day-to-day technical products to the consumer, but is also keeping up the way they’re offering them, constantly adapting the standard of their own apps and digital experience. As part of their team, you’d be contributing to that innovation and digital experience, while gaining the experience that comes from working with two major technology brands.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by AQUENT
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Perks and Discounts at leading major retailers
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave in CA
If you are a fit for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Jennifer at email@example.com
**Please make sure you include the cover letter with answers to the three questions listed above. This is a request from our Client and candidates will need to provide this for consideration.