The Copywriter/editor will contribute to the reach and impact of the client's programs by creating engaging, strategic, and persuasive educational and promotional messages in all media. The Copywriter/editor will serve as the point person for all outward-facing written content to ensure a consistent voice and tone across programs. This position reports into the Manager – Marketing & Data Analytics.
The Copywriter/editor will:
• Work with client teams and/or curriculum team to understand the specifics of programs, resources, and events that we are promoting, as well as the value of these to our audience
• Develop promotional/educational materials, including (but not limited to):
o Marketing copy (print and digital platforms including one-pagers, emails, social media, display ads, Google search ads, etc.)
o Website copy
o Positioning, partner messaging, and merchandising as necessary
• Tailor content for the appropriate audience (e.g. educators, administrators, parents, employees etc.)
• Optimize ad copy for keyword search and search engine optimization
• Use concepts and copy to build strong branding throughout all digital and traditional media platforms
• Review and edit copy provided by other team members to ensure consistency of tone, voice, messaging, etc.
• Present creative deliverables internally and externally in an informed and engaging manner
• Partner with creative and account teams to develop effective and fresh creative positioning concepts
• Research, source, and annotate projects as needed
• Maintain schedules and workflow to ensure on-time completion of all jobs on deadline
• Analyze metrics that demonstrate improvement in content quality
o Conduct A/B testing on components of copy, as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Advertising, Communications, Strategic Marketing or related field required.
• Excellent writing, grammar and copyediting skills
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to work effectively on tight timelines
• Experience with social media marketing, content marketing and influencer outreach
• Strong knowledge of digital/social media trends and best practices and an ability to concept with these factors in mind
• Minimum 3 years of related work in a copywriting function
• Understanding of education landscape, trends in education, hot button topics, etc.
• Work in education field a plus
• Ability to critically evaluate his/her own work