- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- 6/2018 - 1/2019
- posted by:
- Cassie Hunter
AQUENT is supporting a high end beauty brand in their search for a Visual Merchandising Designer! The ideal candidate is proficient in Spanish and 1-3 years of Graphic Design experience for Visual Merchandising (fashion or beauty). This role is based in NYC and projected to cover a maternity leave (thru Jan. 2019).
This assignment is for a Visual Merchandiser that specializes in graphic design. It’s more important that the candidate have strong graphic design skills than it is that they have Visual Merchandise skills, but having both is a plus
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
1) 5 days of training from 6/11 to 6/15 (potentially some or all of these 5 days will take place in Miami, Florida, with the rest being in NYC).
2) Then the assignment officially begins on July 9th and goes till January 7th. Hours: M-F 9-5. Please note this is for a maternity leave coverage so these dates are set in stone and won’t be extended.
3) Candidates must absolutely be fluent in Spanish. Candidate must have strong organizational and communication skills, as they will regularly be speaking with teams in Spanish in more than 10 Spanish speaking countries.
The Designer of Visual Merchandising will be involved in various aspects of visual merchandising from initial concept design development to execution. Collaboration with the VM and Store Design teams is a must in order to initiate creative and innovative design solutions. Additional responsibilities will include maintaining consistency of the style standards of VM throughout our Latin America market. As we develop new concepts, the position will require one to be cost effective, while remaining at the forefront of design and technology. All Visual Merchandising team members will be responsible in helping bringing their ideas to life through presentation materials and detail drawings.
Work closely with the VM and SD Global teams to help create compelling Line testers, Launch testers, Events, Holiday and special projects based on briefs from global marketing and creative departments.
Work closely with the VM and SD teams to create impactful in-store animation around your specific categories while keeping in mind the totality of the space which includes the other company franchises of Skincare, Re-Nutriv, Fragrance, Makeup and Promo.
Partner with VM Director and SD teams in the development of outstanding, innovative and cost effective designs that work within all store typologies including Free Standing stores, flagship doors, department stores, events/pop-ups and specialty / multi chains.
Review, critique layouts to ensure that the brand image and marketing objectives exceed expectations. With guidance from the Executive Director of VM, partner with Global Merchandising Development and Indirect Procurement, ensure quality and cost targets of final production units are met.
Collaborate with cross-functional partners when needed to gain necessary assets and information for execution drawings and guidelines.
Maintain awareness of trends, styles, materials and technology relative to the prestige and luxury skincare competition. Provide learnings to Global Merchandising Team and Global Store Design.
Coordinate communication between Regional team and Global team to align with business strategy.
Bachelor of Industrial, Interior, Product, Furniture design (or equivalent) degree is required plus 3-4+ years design experience.
Prior experience as a designer in a fast-paced, high pressure creative environment. Cosmetic industry or retail experience a plus.
Position requires outstanding organizational skills and fine attention to detail.
Position requires strong presentation skills, ability to personally organize, prioritize and manage workload.
Ability to manage a successful initiation and execution of numerous projects simultaneously.
Must be a self-starter, flexible and imaginative with an elevated sense of three-dimensional design.
Proficiency utilizing MAC Systems platforms Adobe Creative Suite.
Nice to have: Vectorworks, CAD, and current 3D programs to model fixtures and store environments a plus.
If this sounds like you, apply today!
A major beauty brand , but you will be employed by AQUENT. Working with AQUENT gives you access to some pretty cool things:
1. You're paid weekly with the option for direct deposit Subsidized Health/Vision/Dental (including term life and LTD) benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk). Learn more about our awesome benefits here: https://aquent.com/our-dna/healthcare
2. Access to Fidelity 401(k)
3. Access to the Flexible Spending Account Program (pre-tax payment toward commuter passes, etc.)
4. Talent Rewards Program (we pay cash for referrals!)
5. Free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
6. Free online courses via Lynda.com
7. Aquent Support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations. We're also there to help you find new opportunities when you're finishing up your current role.
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.