The Project Manager – Corporate Archives will project manage a multi-faceted plan to relocate the Kohler Co. Archives to a new space, coordinate key stakeholders in strategic planning with respect to heritage communications, coordinate and assist create foundational documentation and best practices, develop presentations for executive level stakeholders and facilitate various exhibits and displays projects from concept to production/installation. More specifically, this position will:
• Under direction of the Communications Director-Corporate Brand, develop strategic planning documents and project plans to manage execution of the objectives, strategies and tactics.
• Coordinate and manage a move of the multiple archival collections to an interim space.
• Conduct needs analysis and develop resource plans.
• Facilitate and project manage the development (from concept to installation) of exhibits and interactive displays that showcase Kohler’s heritage managing within timelines and budgets.
• Proficiently create detailed project plans, timelines, and budgets for managing facets of the Archives project.
• Assist develop Standard Operating Procedures for use in evaluating, indexing, cataloging, and filing items in the Corporate Archives.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Project Management with at least five or more years experience managing large-scale projects is required. Additional consideration will be given to candidates with a degree in Archival or Library Science, History, or Museum Studies.
The position requires an individual with strong oral and written communications skills who is a strategic thinker, able to independently problem-solve and manage many workstreams simultaneously. Experience in creating large-scale project plans, budgets and timelines is critical to position.
Attention to detail along with high proficiency in Microsoft software (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook) essential. Experience with automated library systems a plus.
This position will last 7-12 months, be on site in Kohler and will be 30-40 hours / week