Calling All Front End Developer Gurus!
Our ‘best-in-class’ enterprise investment client is looking for a talented freelance Front End Developer to join their innovative “Science Team” whose goal is to be the center of innovation and a catalyst for change. This role is onsite, NYC, 40 hours a week, 4 months with opportunity to extend, healthcare, paid sick-time, and other benefits are included in the freelance employment package.
This “Science Team” consists of 15 members and the healthy pipeline of work has resulted in the need to hire additional Front End Developers (with React). This is an exciting opportunity for those who want to grow in the field of “AI-first” product development; along the way this role will contribute to game-changing products for the multi-trillion-dollar insurance industry.
- So, what is this project all about? This new investment product is being designed for the smart, savvy investor. In simple terms, up to the minute news content and investment information will be pulled from trusted news sources to help predict the best place to place investments.
- The “Science Team” develops AI-first products (apps and services that use machine learning to inform and assist their users) for both insurance and investment arms of the client. This is mainly achieved through Incubation of disruptive innovation (through scientists, engineers and designers working together), “Machine Learning R&D (and publication in top AI/ML conferences and journals).
What You Will Do:
- Take ownership of a significant part of the team’s solution development
- Demonstrate end-to-end understanding of applications being created
- Translate user stories and wireframes into a reliable, responsive experience
- Contribute to Peer Review process to ensure code quality
What You Need:
- Solid grasp of the web fundamentals (e.g. ES6, HTML and CSS extensions such as SASS; experience interpreting user journeys and UI Designs
- Broad understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Demonstrated experience with UI testing frameworks (e.g. Jasmine, PhantomJS, Jest and others)
- Experience working with Agile methods based on fast iteration and validation cycles
- Good communication skills and be a team player and great attention to detail
- Have an understanding of visual design principles and rapid prototyping skills
- Have experience developing desktop or mobile applications, Cloud platforms (e.g. Amazon Web Services)
- Familiarity with cross-environment build automation, and tool chain (e.g. Webpack, Gulp, Grunt), familiarity with Continuous Deployment pipelines and configuration (e.g. Jenkins, Chef, Docker)
- Curiosity of latest Machine Learning applications
- Portfolio of past experience (e.g. Blogs, Talks, contributions to Open Source)
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com