- Plano, TX
- Job Terms:
- Talent Bridge/Temp-to-Perm
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Haley Smith
Merchant Services is embarking on a major business modernization program for industry leading user experience. A key component of this effort is a data visualization strategy to create valuable new analytics products to our internal and external customers using business intelligence tools running on a big data infrastructure. The Senior Data Visualization & Business Intelligence Analyst will be on the front line of this effort. Work with data scientists to help turn prototypes into robust, polished analytics products. Engage end users to help insure we are delivering a product they want to consume. Collaborate with the technology team to ensure we have the data we need to support our analytics goals.
Come help us build cool products to enlighten and delight our customers!
• Create dashboards and standard reports in Tableau and Cognos
• Query hygiene – Review and optimization of report queries for performance and efficiency
• Work closely with data science to understand their prototypes and drivers
• Work closely with technology to ensure the right data infrastructure is in place
• Act as the proxy Product Owner for the stories delivered
• Build reports, dashboards, models and tools to analyze, report, and present operations related data that is associated with customer pipeline, product usage, bookings forecasting and business productivity.
• Provide insights to the business through analysis of transaction data to create opportunities to improve their business outcomes and support our role as trusted advisor to our clients
This leading global financial services firm has assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide and serves nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing.
The Merchant Services teamis the global payment processing business for this enterprise fintech. Merchant Services works with a customized closed-loop proprietary payments platform, and a new digital wallet that makes mobile transactions simple, safe and rewarding. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies.
• Passion for delivering business value by creating excellent business intelligence products
• Master's degree or equivalent practical experience
• 2 years of experience as an Analyst, or in a relevant Analytical role
• Experience analyzing data and creating reports with database query experience (e.g. SQL)
• Experience in creating dashboards and reports using Tableau
• A complete Business Intelligence skill stack, from query to dashboard
• Experience participating in Agile development
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Positive and proactive
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills
• Experience with SQL and Visualization tools
• Deep understanding of metrics and KPIs and how to use them to guide a business.
• Ability to conduct back-end and data processing work necessary to power UIs.
• Interest in User Experience and Design Thinking
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, combined with strong business judgement and an ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner.
• Experience in writing and executing issues in JIRA
• Understanding of data management technologies
• Advanced degree
• Experience working in a big data environment
• Experience creating reports in Cognos is a huge plus