- Boulder, CO
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Courtney Schaefer
For 9+ months, at a Fortune 500 multi-national tech company, this UX Writer & Content Strategist will collaborate with a cross-product group of Designers, Product Managers, Marketers, and Engineers in Boulder to develop new and existing experiences that support over 40K internal employees who interface with our clients, responsible for over generating over 80B in revenue. This role is based on Boulder, CO and will be a close partnership with a team of designers, engineers, and product teams. Working alongside research, interaction design and other designers located in Mountain View, you will have the opportunity to lead, shape and grow our design discipline in the Boulder office through the creation of new internal product experiences.
A payments, ecommerce, or banking background will help this writer hit the ground running.
- Define and write user interface copy for onboarding, task flows, and re-engagement
- Help consumer users of products set up payments, zip through checkout, and complete purchases
- Strategize on messaging across surfaces for voice, web, and mobile users of products
- Evolve the style guide and word list for consistent language and usage
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in English, Communications, HCI, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in writing and designing UI for products as part of an experience design team
- Portfolio of successful product and writing work
- Mastery of writing rules and mechanics, especially when writing for consumers
- Strong verbal and written communications including developing presentations
- Ability to confidently drive design thinking by working closely with UX and product teams
- Ability to work out creative solutions when stakeholders have different perspectives
Nice to have
- 2+ years of ecommerce or payments/transactions design writing background
- Familiarity with software development processes
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: