The Email Developer's key responsibilities will be for the day to day development and production of HTML emails and landing pages across multiple lines of business, while ensuring the emails and landing pages are mobile responsive. Work collaboratively with the business partners to ensure emails and/or landing pages are built according to our compliance and brand standards. Possess strong understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as open, click through and deliverability rates.
The Email Developer's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Manage several email projects simultaneously and prioritize
• Coordinate data, images, and content as you produce, edit, and revise a variety of existing emails
• Follow best practices for brand and email guidelines, to ensure projects adhere to specifications and
• Create HTML responsive emails from Ad Agency's Photoshop files or Sketch files
• Deploy email campaigns from our Email Platform, ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud(SFMC)
• Recognize possible browser incompatibility issues before deployment by using our Email on Acid tool
• Perform quality assurance and troubleshoot code rendering across multiple desktop and mobile devices using email testing and analytics platforms
• Identify scenarios where email assets are not adequate or incomplete and communicate the importance of guidelines and process, following up with recommendations when necessary
• Be a subject matter expert on industry standards, best practices and proper coding techniques to achieve correct rendering in all email environments
• Proactively work with teammates and partners to achieve balance between expectations and realistic deliverables
• Support other members of the email team and marketing partners with knowledge share, open communication, shared workload and good old-fashioned teamwork.
• Manage and conduct all final email proofing and testing prior to execution in conjunction with the CRM team and deliver on required deadlines
Act as application admin for tasks related to SFMC, including but not limited to:
o Create and manage sender profiles and data extensions within SFMC
o Maintain and update unsubscribe landing pages
o List management and segmentation
o Maintain clean lists, including proper segmentation, using basic SQL queries
o Incorporate tagging into the email for analysis
Skills and Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required
• 4+ years of experience in email development hand-coding HTML
• Strong HTML coding experience and CSS3 experience
• Strong project management experience
• Previous experience testing and troubleshooting in multiple browsers or email clients with a strong sense of email design and user experience fundamentals
• Experience optimizing HTML to display across browsers and email clients
• Previous work within an enterprise-level ESP such as ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud (preferred), Responsys, Silverpop or CheetahMail or similar preferred
• Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Photoshop) required
• Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously
• A results-oriented individual who can make a difference; a person who takes initiative, makes things happen, accepts accountability, & has a "can do" attitude; sense of urgency.
• Experience with SQL and ExactTarget/Salesforce AMP scripting a plus
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Gmail and Android mail app
• Experience with Litmus or Email on Acid a plus
• Possess strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to collaborate with others and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment.
• Able to translate technical explanations to non-technical parties.
• Strong communication skills: oral, written, plus the ability to communicate with a wide range of people and behavior styles.
• Team player and ability to work effectively with multiple cross-functional groups