- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Matt Cabe
Aquent is currently searching for a UX Designer for a client in Hartford, CT.
The successful candidate will participate in research, design and usability testing in the creation of user-centered applications and websites. This individual will collaborate with technology, business areas and execution teams to deliver effective, efficient and desirable solutions that enable to the business to meet its goals.
This role is a balance between the UX fields of research and interaction design. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to:
• Create prototypes / mock up interaction designs, including user interaction models, wireframes and screen flows that match user expectations, technical capabilities and business goals. Direct to consumer web design experience is desired. Must be proficient in the creation of prototypes in Axure (other prototyping tool experience is acceptable, for example Balsamiq or Sketch).
• Conduct behavioral user research to help inform the design and delivery of effective user experiences.
• Create protocols and conduct usability testing to identify issues and opportunities for improvements.
• Work closely with developers, business analysts and business owners to effectively communicate user behavior research, design decisions and usability study findings.
• Be an effective and conscientious user advocate.
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward bus or train passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)