- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Gerald Garrison
We're looking for a Content Strategist for a client of ours in the Alpharetta area. Candidate must be able to sit on-site Monday thru Friday.
The core function of the content strategist’s job is developing a content strategy based on a company’s or client’s business objectives and a customer’s or end user’s needs. Creative professionals in this role oversee content requirements and create content strategy deliverables across a project life cycle. This can include conducting content audits (qualitative analyses of all the content on a network of sites and social media accounts) as well as gap analyses.
The content strategist is often in charge of creating and maintaining editorial calendars, style guides, taxonomies, metadata frameworks and content migration plans.
- High-level thinkers who also have a penchant for keeping track of details are ideal candidates for this job. Content strategists must be standout idea generators and problem solvers with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- These strategy experts must have the analytical abilities necessary to gather key business and user insights, and apply their strategic planning skills to create a long-term vision for the content that’s generated. Project management experience will help the content strategist keep projects on track and within budget.
- Other desirable traits include the ability to compellingly communicate a brand’s story, and a design sensibility to envision how content will be presented or distributed in formats other than text-based articles, such as infographics or multimedia presentations.
- A firm understanding of user experience and strong search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) skills are often preferred.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)