- Pasadena, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Suzy Thompson
As a Sr. User Experience Designer on site with our client, you’ll define not only the visual design and user experience for their products, but also the micro interactions that bring them to life. You’ll tackle complex customer workflows, transforming them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for our customers around the globe.
You’ll have access to an engaged customer base, and you’ll enjoy frequent feedback that helps you continuously deliver value. And best of all, your work will land in the hands of over 1 million appreciative users.
What you’ll do:
- Create detailed UI designs for product features including lo to high fidelity visual design mockups, wireframes, sketches, prototypes, and supporting design specifications and documentation.
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product management in an Agile and iterative fashion to ensure your proposed designs meet user needs and are feasible to implement.
- Undertake user research and testing with our customers and respond to their feedback through design iterations.
- Suggest ways to validate product ideas and concepts with customers in order to verify tangible assumptions and hypotheses.
- Tell the story of the customer, their jobs-to-be-done and create internal consensus around user outcomes.
- Act as a champion for good user experience, sharing best practices and demonstrating curiosity about customer needs and behaviors.
What we’d like to see in you:
- 4 or more years of experience designing delightful user experiences for a range of responsive desktop and native mobile apps and a diverse portfolio showing your processes and deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience designing for complex user interfaces and workflows and in developing responsive design patterns and design systems that employ best practice UX.
- Experience creating prototypes of different levels of fidelity using tools like Sketch, Adobe Suite, Axure, Invision, Marvel etc.
- An appreciation of user psychology and an understanding of how language and design resonate with users.
- A proven approach to mapping user needs, experiences and customer journeys.
- The ability to clearly present and articulate design decisions, participate in peer design critiques, and incorporate feedback into the next iteration.
- Comfort working in multi-faceted design, product and engineering teams in an Agile environment.
- BA/BFA degree in HCI or design related field, with an emphasis on user experience, interaction design, or visual design.
- Experience working in a design agency.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)