- Hoboken, New Jersey
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Christena Peterson
Do you have a Senior Visual Design background where you enjoy creating and optimizing user interfaces/visual designs for tablets and mobile screen displays? Do you have excellent design skills and the necessary technical knowledge to improve the current brand products and make them stand out among the rest? Aquent has a Senior Visual Designer role for a prestigious Fortune 500 client local to the Hoboken, New Jersey market area. Individuals considered for this role need to have an excellent portfolio that displays projects related to this role and that accentuates your superb design skills. Additionally, you will be a part of a highly collaborative product team, in an agile environment that is heavily focused on application work stream. You will support the product team and you will be required to plan, build, and build creative concepts and take direction to manage concurrent development efforts along the way. The Visual Product Designers work hands on to deliver experiences through ideation, design exploration, prototyping, designing user flows and testing. It’s deeply rewarding to see our work come to life at one of the world’s largest eCommerce companies. As a Sr. Visual Designer, you’ll help our customers live better by improving their web and mobile experiences. You’ll apply your expertise in interactive design, visual design, and prototyping and tap into your empathetic brain to solve complex eCommerce challenges. You will liaise with partners in Product, Engineering and Analytics, and dedicate your team’s collective creativity to delivering experiences that delight our customers. We seek passionate, customer-centric visual and interactive designers with experience working in cross-functional teams. You’ll provide product with recommendations and make design decisions with minimal guidance, and jump into your role to make an immediate impact.
• Contribute to the shared business goals of the product team.
• Create and update designs and layouts, while working within defined templates.
• Form partnerships and work side-by-side with information architects, product managers, and engineers.
• Document and optimize standards and guidelines to support new and ongoing work.
• Participate in the planning and development of new content.
• Employ design standards set by company style guides.
• Remain current with app trends, usability and standards, along with the tools and techniques for online experience development.
- iOS or Android experience a plus
- Transactional design experience a plus
- Design Systems experience- designing for dashboards ideal
- Experience working in and navigating a corporate environment independently
- Delivered successful design for responsive web, iOS and Android
- Experience building efficient scalable systems or in eCommerce.
Our client is not only one of the top eCommerce Companies, it's an industry leader and is currently, "Shaking Things Up a Bit" in the digital commerce space.
Current Aquent talent love working here because of the following:
- The frequent encouragement of innovative strategies
- The ability to grow within the company, even as a temporary talent
- The collaborative work environment and how willing everyone is to lend a helping hand
- The infectious work culture
- The ability to be a part of ground breaking, eCommerce movement
- They get to learn from mentors and peers each day
- Partnering with vendors all over the world to launch new brands on site
- Reinventing the wheel of merchandising & marketing tools
- Modern workspace built for collaboration & creative development
- Great on-site amenities: access to gym & work out classes, free snacks, soda & coffee, treadmill desks & massage chairs
Aquent is also very present on-site as well. You'll be able to interact in-person with our Account Manager each week, if needed.
Come join other Aquent talent and be able to experience all of these great things on a daily basis!
• Minimum 2 years of experience in UI/UX design, product design, or equivalent experience
• BS/MS in Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, or related field preferred
• Strong portfolio demonstrating visual and interaction design
• Detail-oriented and ability to think critically and provide simple and creative solutions to complex problems while accounting for technical and/or business constraints
• Flexible and able to provide quick turnarounds when needed in a dynamic, rapidly growing environment
• Proficient in Sketch, Invision, and other visual design and wire-framing tools