- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Annie Lucia
Seeking someone to coordinate and administer user studies for VR device, and work with our cross functional product teams to further this initiative as well as communicate trends to help improve our products.
- Assisting principal investigator with experiments involving human subjects
- Stage and set up of equipment for studies. Set-up may involve engaging with engineering external equipment vendors, internal and external safety evaluators, and the research study team to ensure the equipment is set-up properly
- Screen participants for availability, interest level, and appropriate qualifications
- Coordinate the logistics of user research, including participant scheduling and distribution of incentives
- Conduct studies: this includes any or all of the following: obtaining participant consent, assuring the privacy and confidentiality of participants and their data, instructing study participants and guiding them through study procedures, running the study procedures, collecting the data per study design, formatting and annotating the data, and creating basic reports regarding the data. RAs are expected to follow procedures related to maintaining confidential information and handling of confidential data
- Study support services. Support research and development in various areas including data collection, onsite handling, tracking of participant compensation and tracking of equipment and procedures
- Pilot experiments, make observations, and give feedback to the study team to optimize study procedures
- Assist in creating study test materials
- Scrutinize study specifications and planned assessments to ensure quality data is gathered from the right participants
- Adhere to ethical codes related to conducting user research
- Annotate data according to specifications discussed with principal investigator and create tutorials for training other team members
- Strong Plus: Certification in Facial Action Coding System
- Ability to quickly absorb training on product and tool functionality
- Strong attention to detail
- Organization skills
- Excellent communication skills verbally and via email
- Ability to perform well autonomously
- Penchant for web technology (consumer of various web and mobile apps)
- Strong interest in quality and user experience.
- Minimum: Undergraduate Degree
This TOP social media company headquartered in Menlo Park, CA was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
This social media leader is looking for a Research Assistant for a 3-month assignment onsite at their headquarters in Menlo Park.
***Please ensure full legal name is noted on resume along with a portfolio link, if applicable.***
***Background check is required for this position.***