- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- $1600 - $2000/wk DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Heather Preston
- This is a 6 month temporary assignment with potential of extending
- Must be willing to work overnight shift of 2am - 10am EST
- Local candidates only please
- Must have proof of eligibility to work in the US as W2 employee, Sponsorship not available
Our Fortune 500 Media & Entertainment Client is looking to add a Digital Video Editor to their project team. Our ideal candidate would be a versatile and highly motivated digital video producer willing to create digital-first video products for their TV station. This person will help drive our social and digital video strategy, leveraging a knack for creativity and a keen sense for storytelling to help them expand their online multimedia presence.
If selected you would:
- Manage the creation of digital-first video products for a variety of social, digital and OTT platforms.
- Develop new video styles and products to leverage multiple platforms.
- Actively monitor a variety of video sources to identify content that would appeal to our audience.
- Identify buzz-worthy stories and, at times, write those stories for the client's New York’s digital platforms.
- Write for the client's platforms when appropriate and backup web producers as needed
- Develop best practices and action items from metrics data.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of digital multimedia trends and innovation, including monitoring direct competitors as well as what’s next in the space.
- Coordinate with the client's Local Integrated Media lead to ensure best practices.
Fortune 500 Media & Entertainment
- Health, Vision, Dental
- Free Online Training
The digital video producer must have excellent video skills but also appropriate writing skills, as they will occasionally be called on to write news stories in addition to creating video. Candidates should be aggressive, nimble and comfortable with experimenting, yet know when to move on.
- Minimum 1 year of multimedia experience at a major news organization or blog that creates content under tight deadlines.
- Proficient with video tools and platforms including Adobe Premiere, Facebook and YouTube
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style writing and guidelines
- Must be willing to work in New York City
- Must be available to work overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or required
- Exceptional communication skills
- Knowledge of TV and web writing
- Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
- Experience in editing video for TV and web
- Experience in a news environment
- Experience with Clickability, SocialFlow, Spreadfast, CrowdTangle and Urban Airship a plus
- Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news, combined with the ability to write succinctly and with flair
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Team player mentality
- Mentoring, training and inspirational leadership abilities essential