- Bloomington, MN
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Christena Peterson
Are you intrigued by the thought of working in a fast paced and collaborative environment? Are you seeking a challenging opportunity where you have the ability to play a vital role within a large organization? Are you self-driven and motivated by your own creative touch and appreciate creating a customer centric environment? If so, we have a perfect role for you! Aquent is currently sourcing for an organized and ambitious Senior UX Researcher courtesy of one of our prestigious clients, local to the Bloomington, MN market area. As a UX Researcher you will be responsible for executing strategic oriented user research initiatives across a variety of projects that support in-store applications for Best Buy store employees. You will have a strong attention to detail and be able to interact across many projects and teams. Travel outside of Minnesota is required. (all travel expenses will be reimbursed). You can work in a start-up like, agile environment collaborating with a small team of interaction designers, developers, project managers and business analysts.
- Lead user research for prototype testing and live production testing.
- Create and facilitate user research
- Define research objectives on a per test basis
- Develop recruiting screeners and partner with recruiting agencies to fulfill test participants
- Able to effectively plan a variety of research studies such as ethnographies, contextual interviews and usability testing
- Able to create research deliverables such as plans, moderator scripts, result reports, etc.
- Able to facilitate/conduct sessions with participants
- Able to coordinate with other researchers, business stakeholders and UX design team members for planning and execution
- Able to work within an Agile environment and execute research in an iterative fashion
- Must be able to effectively present and speak to research results on a professional level in order to be the “voice of store employees”
- Responsible for following techniques that adhere the Retail & Services User Experience strategy, used to guide all UX decisions for our Retail applications
- Expert understanding of UX methodology and best practices, with the ability to connect them to business, technical and product strategy
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing demands
- Ability to self-prioritize time and deliverable schedules
- Define user tasks and scenarios for testing materials to achieve test objectives
- Work with our interaction design team to create the required testing materials, such as clickable prototypes
- Develop discussion guides for test
- Moderate one-on-one usability testing sessions
- Report and analyze test findings into a clear format and deliver to larger multi-disciplinary team
- Hire and partner third party agencies to perform user research
- Participate in brainstorming and driving new features for mobile native app enhancements
Nice to have:
• Detailed-oriented individual that can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• A strong communicator that can evangelize UX Research and get buy-in by explaining research concepts at a high-level for stakeholders and at a detailed-level for contributors.
• A relationship builder that is highly collaborative.
• Self-organized and proactive, with impeccable time management skills.
• Creative and flexible.
- BA in Communications, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction or related fields
- Agile/Iterative experience
- 8+ related years of experience
- 2+ years experience with iterative research methodology
- 3+ years experience with contextual and usability methods
- 3+ years experience in a corporate environment
- 3+ years experience with planning, executing and reporting results
- Must have samples of a plan, script and final report
- Must be able to travel up to 60% and okay with expense/reimbursement policies