- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Robin Mortenson
As the Communication/Presentation Designer you will lead with the passion, talent and experience to create truly innovative digital and print experiences. We are looking for a strong visual problem solver with expert design skills. This critical role is responsible for designing best-in-class experiences that are elegant, intuitive, and delightful.
As Communication/Presentation Designer, you will take a lead design role from concept to launch. You will be both hands-on and strategic, creating visual systems and ensuring consistency across projects. You will work closely with the Senior Manager of Visual Design. Needs someone adept at PowerPoint. Not just making slides look pretty, but someone who has a great understanding of visual communication. Able to create slides that complement the text/content and strengthens the message through design. Candidate would also have experience designing for marketing teams that showcase online experiences and some print collateral.
• Ability to create multiple visual design concepts from creative briefs or draft requirements. Interpret and translate wireframes into compelling experiences.
• Apply and evolve the existing user interface guidelines on new projects, and continue to build the design language of the company.
• Work collaboratively with UX Team, product management, technology team, external creative agencies and other designers.
• Prepare deliverables for development teams including redlines to ensure flawless on time execution.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and proactive personality.
• Stays abreast of innovations in graphic design, technology, and digital trends.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience creating exceptional digital and print designs
• Experience interacting directly with clients and a track record for developing strong working relationships, eliciting client vision/direction, and presenting/selling creative concepts.
• Degree in interactive, visual design, or graphic design.
• A gifted eye for design and rigorous attention to details.
• Ability to work within tight deadlines and shift gears quickly if requirements change.
• Enthusiasm, creativity and a desire to work with an innovative team.
• Have an online portfolio of beautifully designed work
• Expert hands-on knowledge of Adobe CS
• Comfortable working on a Macintosh platform
• Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to clearly and respectfully articulate design strategy and process.
• Ability to be both hands-on and provide clear direction to others.
• Portfolio containing at least some PowerPoint Samples demonstrating ability to create slides that complement the text/content and strengthens the message through design.
It’s not often that we get to say “yeah, but just listen to what they offer…” about our larger clients. Most people look at the awesome job description, then read “Financial Services Industry” and move on. We’ve heard it a thousand times! Know what else we’ve heard at this client just as much? “Wow! I’m so glad I took this job! This is not your father’s financial services company!”
Work here and experience:
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge digital business strategies & projects
- Huge work-life balance culture
- Diversity-focused workplace
- Strong potential for temp-to-perm conversion almost half of the people we've placed here have converted to a permanent position, either the one they're working in, or in a related department
- Great Aquent community to work with onsite, including our bi-annual talent recognition program, which stems from the client managers’ own feedback (read: they’re engaged and interested in your future!)
- Don’t forget the massive points on your resume for being part of a cutting-edge team, leading the way in breathing fresh air into the financial services industry.
With a customer experience focus in mind, our client is leading the way in the financial industry with their digital marketing & technology platforms. They recognize that today’s customers are technically savvy & independent as well as highly creative, and they’re working to be the best at serving them. We see this through how they are building platforms that allow customers to take ownership of their financial future, using video, animation, and social media to market to the end user. Their in-house digital agency has won numerous IHAF awards for their tools and cutting-edge technology. Working with this company, you would be working with groups and/or department such as an IHAF awarded digital agency, user experience, product development, communication strategy team and much more talented professionals like yourself. Come join us!
Background and drug screen required.