Large Media and Entertainment brand in New York is seeking a Media Production Support Specialist to join their team. They have 2 openings for this role. These are temporary assignments slated to go 18-months. This is an IT/Broadcast Engineer Job. Candidates need to understand Television broadcast from an engineering perspective. **Must have flexible working hours**
The Media Production Support Specialist will be responsible for the support and development of the Editing and Graphics facilities in New York. This encompasses the evaluation of new technology solutions, coordinating the implementation of projects and providing support for the daily broadcasts, digital live stream across all platforms, digital acquisition and VOD. This position will play a role in ensuring that the technology implementation is in accordance with News digital strategic plan. The Media Production Support Specialist will interface with all levels of Management and Production. They are responsible for creating and adhering to project budgets, leading projects and developing reports and presentations as required. This is a 24/7 business environment, the candidate must be able to have fluid work hours and remote in from home when required.
- Planning, installation and management of a variety of broadcast equipment such as Avid, EVS, Telestream, Omneon, and Adobe.
- Develop workflows for Production requirements.
- Oversee the support of the editing, ingest, play-out facilities servicing News.
- Troubleshoot and fix IT and Broadcast issues.
- Communication to peer’s and management both verbally and via written reports.
- Strong ability to plan/develop, install and manage a variety of broadcast systems including Avid, EVS, Omneon, Telestream, and Adobe.
- Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision.
- Excellent PC and Broadcast troubleshooting skills – combine critical thinking, logic, analytic reasoning, research and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of signal processing, transport and transmission equipment.
- Experience working in a live broadcast environment.
- Strong computer/networking knowledge – including VLAN’s, Layer 2 & 3, IP addressing, route tables, domain administration, cloud computing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical people.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexible work hours, we are a 24/7 facility, with evening, weekends, holidays work hours.
Required Education: Technical/Vocational school training or certificate in Engineering, Computer or Electronic Technology
- Must be familiar with:
- Transmission, analog, digital signals, IT routing (broadcast IT Router)
- Perform break fix work - 15 min to air they need to be able to troubleshoot and fix - working well under pressure
- 24/7 Job - Flexibility is required- Shift work, weekends, overnights, holidays, 365/24/7
- IT - Automation, virtualization, so much of the audio video stuff is moving to software technology
- Will be working and interfacing with the IT team to ensure things are implemented properly and things are taken care of with the virtualization process.
- Understanding of production - post house, another broadcaster, need to understand media production
- IT experience is helpful (Not-Help Desk People)
- Must be able to troubleshoot a variety of problems: hard drive, video routing, audio, video issues, networking, packet transmission, etc..