- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Ryan Stipes
Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction of product features. Help define the user model and user interface for new and existing products. Work with the design lead and product team team to develop designs for product features. Work to towards a consistent design language, patterns, and standards. Help gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Design: Create designs that align product features with user motivations. Candidate must have a solid academic background (or significant industry experience) in interaction design, or related field.
2. Communication: Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively.
3. Collaboration: Collaborate with other designers and the product team to design products for hardware and software developers.
* Candidates must have a solid academic background in visual design systems, interaction design, or related field.
* 3-5 Years experience is a Design role
* Design: Create designs that present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
* Communication: Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively.
* Collaboration: Collaborate with other designers and the product team to design products for consumers and developers.
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
* Designing for technical domains such as healthcare, cloud platforms, analytics, aviation, or setup of consumer electronics.
* Understanding of embedded computation and networking platforms such as Arduino, Android, Raspberry Pi, ZigBee, RTOS, etc…
* Strong visual design sense.
* Demonstrated experience in delivering usable web and app interfaces with engineering teams.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: