- S. San Francisco
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Lindsay DesRochers
Our Top Fortune 500 client is looking for a passionate & collaborative to join their team!
The ideal candidate...
• Is excited to be part of a fun and close-knit team, always learning and collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive associate centered experience
• Is an excellent teammate
• Has a sense of humor
• Enjoys coffee / breakfast hangouts and team outings
• Translate concepts into customer flows, journey maps, and wireframes
• Design and deliver wireframes, mockups, and prototypes for multiple devices and interfaces
• Inspire and bring new ideas to the team through staying in the know of current design trends
• Design for big data and find solutions that to improve the daily lives of our associates
• Participate in design critiques by presenting your work, capturing feedback, and giving constructive feedback on your peer’s work
• Work within established design guidelines and collaborate with team members to ensure consistency across designs
• Provide mentorship to less experienced designers
• Produce handoff ready work for tech team, including producing redlines and capturing assets
• Apply a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies to develop engaging interfaces
• Meet with key business and tech partners to collect requirements
• Collaborate and brainstorm with team to understand, identify, and take on complex business requirements and user needs
• Conduct user research and facilitate interviews and testing to find end user’s issues and needs
• Analyze and interpret your research to inform your designs
Major consumer goods company, but you will be employed by Aquent. Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things: You're paid weekly with the option for direct deposit Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk) Access to Fidelity 401(k) Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward Bart passes, etc.) Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!) Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/ Access to free online courses via Lynda.com Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
• A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve customer needs.
• Excellent grasp of the design thinking and prototyping process, including product/interaction/visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
• Stellar interaction skills (track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces).
• Stellar visual skill (attention to detail, stay on brand, build new patterns).
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 3+ years as a senior visual and interaction designer or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience building efficient scalable systems or in eCommerce.